Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL compatibility

Hi,

First time here, please forgive my English and forgive my novice knowledge, i am not hardware expert.
    I surfed the forum, searched and read many threads, but the more i read and more i feel lost !

So here we go :

I have 2X4GB ( F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ) installed on ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 with Intel i7-2600K, now due to the quarantine i have to move to use my home PC and 8gb is barely allowing my software to function, with Android studio with one Android emulator and Chrome and memory usage is already 9gb, so i need at least extra 4gb.

Everything is working just fine, i don't overclock and not planning to.

My questions is :
    1) What sort of problems to expect in adding two extra modules of the same model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL ?
    2) Will be there compatibility issue that can't worked around with 4 of those modules ? (higher temperature , Windows BSOD ..etc..)
    3) How much speed degradation should i expect ? ( up to %10-%15 is OK for me ) my concern is about working right without show stopper, speed is last on my list.
    4) In case everything is OK with the above questions, is it possible to add different modules ( not exact model), like can i add 2 modules from F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL? and in this case : what is the probability of making them works in stable manner by setting the bios timing manually?

5) How to test system stability ? what software to use ?

Thank you in advance.

“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.” -Albert Einstein

=)

1) It is unknown what the two separate kits can do so it is up to the user to test and see what the results are. Some times they can work, other times must be at a lower frequency, and in some cases they don't work well together at all.

2) Depends on results, only you can find out by testing, we were unable to do so at factory so we have no idea.

3) Same as above

4) Same as above, different model or same model, only way to know is to test.

5) Memory diagnostics test or stress tests can be used to see if they all pass

The system may not even boot or may be completely unstable so any issue may be obvious as well, so just need to test and see what can work.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Now i have another question after looking at the list in P8Z68-V_Series_DRAM_QVL from ASUS :
      What 16GB RAM model from G.Skill might have %100 chance to work perfectly ?

I used G.Skill over years in many PC and never had a problem, so i would stick to the devil i know !

Thank you again.

Comment

Of what's available brand new on the market, most likely it would need to be two of these kits:

F3-1600C11D-16GNT

Newer DDR3 revisions may not work well for the older first and second generation Intel Core i platform.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
          X