No announcement yet.

8GB(4x2GB) F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ on a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well since it took a few days for it to finally freeze on 1.29, I can't say if 1.31 is a definite fix just yet...

What should my vCore be right now with my QPI at 1.31?

Comment

That I can't give a definite answer on as it may very from mobo to mobo (even with the same brand and model) and again with teh CPU (again, even same make/model/step), I'd many kick it up +0.03 or .04, it's jsut a stability thing like the tRFC is with RAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

With my CPU Vcore at 1.31, I got a red message that said something about overvoltage, it was after the BIOS splash screen upon rebooting after the latest freeze... didn't catch the whole thing.

Right now I have my QPI at 1.29V and my Vcore at 1.3375. All else is set to auto. Is this fine for now? If it is, I'll let it ride and see if I freeze again.
        Last edited by andrewc513; 10-16-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

It's been about two weeks and all is well. Thanks for everything, guys!

Comment

Well fantastic. NOW Gigabyte releases a new BIOS... just when I had settled for slower speeds.

To anyone else with a GA-P55M-UD2 having memory issues, get the new F3k BIOS released a couple days ago. I can now run all 8GB of my RAM at 1600 using XMP and it stays stable.

Jeez, talk about early adopting...

Comment

I am having the same issue with my system (random freezes).

I have a very similar setup as the original poster:

Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (Bios F8)
              Core i5 750
              F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL x 2 (8GB)

I wanted to ask about this to be sure. I have my memory set at 1333 using the 9-9-9-24 2T tFRC=88 timings. I still get the freezes. So what I take from this thread is I should try making the following changes:

CPU Vcore: 1.3375
              QPI/VTT Voltage: 1.31

Is this safe to try? Are there any other settings I need to change?

Comment

Yep, safe.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X