No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 1600 will prob need to raise NB, vCore and HT voltages, keep track of your current settings for fallback and as you try different things so you won't get completely lost, let us know how it goes.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi, Tman

I've raised NB, Vcore and HT/SB voltages the minimum and set memory clock manually to 1600 MHz. And these are the timings registered by AMD OverDrive:

CAS latency - 11
      RAS to CAS Delay - 11
      Row Precharge Time - 11
      Minimum Ras Active Time - 29
      Command Timing - 1T
      Row Cycle Time - 40

So it seems I don't reach 9-9-9-24

Any suggestions?

Regards.

Comment

Set the timings manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have set the same timings that appear in BIOS in SPD column.

CAS Latency - 9T
          RAS To CAS R/W Delay - 9T
          Row Precharge Time - 9T
          Minimum RAS Active Time - 24T
          1T/2T Command Timing - -
          TwTr Command Delay - 5T
          Trfc0 for DIMM 1 - 160ns
          Trfc2 for DIMM 2 - -
          Trfc1 for DIMM 3 - 160ns
          Trfc3 for DIMM 4 - -
          Write Recovery Time - 10T
          Precharge Time - 5T
          Row Cycle Time - 33T
          RAS to RAS Delay - 4T

The system works well moment. I don't know if these settings are all the correct. Also in CPU-Z, in SPD section (Timings Table) there is a column (XMP-1600) with tRAS 25 and tRC 40, what doesn't match with my settings.

I'll go on with these unless you don't suggest me others.

Regards.

Comment

Let us know if any problems

Tman

Comment

Hello Tman,

I want to ask you one technical question: when upgrading ram, for example if I decide to increase to 16 GBytes, could I do it purchasing an identical kit F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (4Gx2) that I have or it's better to purchase a (4G x 4) kit. And the same question for (4G x 3) kits. I mean, I don't know if the kits announced as (4G x2 or 4G x 3), are ready to function with an identical kit or you have to get a n announced kit (4G x 4 or 4G x 6). Sorry for my low knowledges

That's all, Thanks.

Comment

back again

Hey guys I'm back again trying to get my computer up and running. I bought 2 more of those 2 Gig sticks so I have 8 Gig total running. My only issue is I sent my motherboard off to get worked on and I knew when I got it back it would be a hassle to get the ram timings fixed again. I run memtest86 and almost instantly I get errors. I setup my ram just like it says on page one and then messed with my NB freq and voltage to 2200Mhz and +0.100V. I have set it all back to default so it's running on auto at 1333Mhz. I swear it shouldn't be this hard to get it running at it's rated speed.

Any help or pointers would be great. I'm almost fed up with it to the point of just letting it run at 1333mhz lol.

Let me know what you need as far as info goes.

-Furman
                Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P
                AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 Black 3.2GHz
                NB 2400 Mhz with +0.1 over volt
                G.Skill 8Gig (4x2GB)DDR3 1600 Dual ch. (running stable with 6BG... one stick bad)
                XFX HD6970 1GIG
                CORSAIR 750tx 750Watt Power Supply
                4 Samsung 1TB hard drives in raid 10
                LG DVDRAM Drive
                Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Comment

Use the sticky to configure BIOS. "AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600"

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X