No announcement yet.

freeze at bootup splash screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, poor attempt at a joke, like I said I knew where you were coming from, things have been fast and furious out here tonight between DDR2 and DDR3 boards, but 33 is way to low, I'd start about 66 and 1.6 to see what happens, I'll be back in a few if you get to it tonight

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

PROBLEM SOLVED !!! This maybe a long explaination.....
      The ram is listed at 1.5-1.6...GIGABYTE has 3 bios for this mobo...f1, f2, and f3 versions. When i got the board...it was loaded with f1 bios....the MIN VOLTS FOR RAM WAS 1.62...you cant go lower....i flashed to the newest bios..f3....same thing...min volts for ram...1.62...i hate going over max specs...ive called gigabyte on this...they said they were looking into this. So i decided to flash to f2 bios...AND BEHOLD !!!
      the new min for volts for ram now is 1.5...IN SPECS !!....so im running 1.5 volts...1600 mhz...ran prime for 20 mins PERFECT!! i couldnt run prime95 for 10 minutes at 1333 mhz before in other bios version!! i will go for a longer test tomorrow in prime95. If anyone else is have trouble with stability with this mobo and ram...flash to f2....could there be something else in the f2 bios helping....perhaps.....the only thing i can see is i can set my voltage to specs now...and hit 1600 ....and pass prime 95....i want to thank tradesman...and g.skill for looking into this matter....looks like it was just a bios flash away.

Comment

Working...
      X