No announcement yet.

Trident 6GB PC3-16000 CL9 DDR3 & Gigabyte X58 Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now going for 7 8 7 timings. Suggestions? 1T, tRFC change? would 1.66v do anything?

Regarding the D0 and C0, I've seen many successful overclocks at the same level of mine, with barely any voltage increase over stock, where my C0 wouldn't even boot.

Just lapped both my heatsink & 920 for a 3? decrease under full load. Not too shabby I guess...
    Last edited by dproulx; 09-21-2009, 08:46 PM.

Comment

If your going to mess with command rate, try at a stable setting before playing with the timings, and before you start..........Write down all your current stable settings..so you can always go back.

w/ command rate from stable settings try at 1 instead of 2 (wouldn't bet on this one)

w/ tRFC from stable settings try dropping maybe 2 points at a time.

w/ the basic timings might first try to 7-8-8-24
      if good go to 7-8-8-22 then 7-8-7-22 - 7-7-7-21 (or 22) think you get my drift 1 at a time
      if no good then 8-7-7-24 - 8-7-7-22 - etc

I'd hold off on voltage till you set best timings, tRFC, C-Rate etc - then start dropping volts

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sounds good, will report later. Still can't quite grasp how fast threads are awnsered around here.

Comment

Depends on whose in or out GSkill normally is M-F day hours PST but has a habit of popping in on his own occasionally in the evenings and about 1-2 times a weekend.

I try and check in the morning, somewhere between 4-6 AM (PST) daily just to see whats up (if I have any free time (i.e. over coffee and a smoke) - then check in off an on during the day depending on whether a system is available wherever I am and then am normally home by 5-6PM and generally have the forums up in a window on at least 1 or more of my boxes, just sort of check whenever I get bored, want a smoke, or whatever and I'm normally around till about 11 to midnight or so.

Others not sure about, Genetics is in and out like me, no one really ever knows could be anytime and a number of others pop in and out like 4x64, Mongo, TwoCables and others.

The place has grown quite a bit, when I first came out here (Feb/Mar) the support people they had then were completely lost on both RAM and SSDs, but I guess they've gotten rid of them and our new GSkill Tech seems pretty tight on his calls. There's also more people jumping in that are up to speed on things also. The forums have changed some and it's just a lot better place.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Any lowering of the timings resulted in instability. 8 8 7 23 seemed OK however. Maybe that's the memories limits?

Comment

At 1866, that sounds about right.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Night be able to tighten the timings a hair more if you kick the voltage up .02 and raise the tRFC up +2

Tman

Comment

CPU PLL 1.9V could give it a boost.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X