Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Sounds like they are two different kits that are not able to work together in the same system. Contact the RMA dept. to see if they can exchange for a single 16GB kit.

rma@gskillusa.com

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Leave a comment:

• jikl2001
    started a topic Ripjaws X and Ares incompatibility

Ripjaws X and Ares incompatibility

I recently bought a set of Ares 2x4GB 1600 (F3-1600C9D-8GAB) to add to a PC that already has a set of Ripjaws X 2x4GB 1600 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL). I figured that since the specs were identical (as far as I could tell) and they were from the same brand, there wouldn't be any issues with compatibility. However, when I tried to put in both sets at the same time, the PC won't start. I can't even get to the BIOS, because it won't even POST.

I have tried putting in only a single stick of each, in every combination of slots possible, all with the same results. However, when I try either set by itself, though, each works, and the PC runs just fine. The PC only seems to have a problem when I'm trying to use both at the same time.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. I apologize if there is a thread on this already, but I when I searched for something on this issue, I couldn't find anything. Please help.

Here are the other potentially relevant specs of the system:

MOBO: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
    Last edited by jikl2001; 02-24-2015, 09:39 AM. Reason: add specs
Working...
X