ripjaws wont post past 1600mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripjaws wont post past 1600mhz

Hi, I have bought some ripjaw F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL, they will not post past 1600mhz in my gigabyte Z68ap-d3 motherboard with latest award bios FD. This is with an i5 2500k.
    I have managed to bring the timings to 7-8-7-24 1T @1.6V but as soon as I try past 1600mhz even with loose timings it fails. XMP will not work and the timings are correct for the profile. I have removed the cmos battery etc overnight and this didnt work.
    If I update the motherboard to beta uefi bios the memory works fine at 2133mhz and xmp profiles also, issue is the bios is a beta and is unstable so i can only use award.
    Any help would be great, the memory is meant to be supported.
    Thanks

Try setting the sticks to XMP with the current BIOS, then before you save, manually raise the DRAM voltage + 0.05 and the VCCIO up + 0.05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I set the qpi/vtt voltage to +0.07 (1.120v) and the ram voltage to 1.64v and it still wont post. Bear in mind the beta uefi posts at 2133mhz with the qpi voltage set to auto and 1.5 on the ram. I also used both xmp profiles and manual frequency of 1800 and 2133mhz with very loose timings and neither worked even with the voltage bumps.
      i can select the xmp profiles and it shows in bios the ram will run at 2133 (its not greyed out or anything) but as soon as I save from bios and my pc starts again the fans start the stop then start then the boot logo shows then puts me back into bios with a popup saying my over clock has failed and defaults to 1600mhz. 1800 wont work either it only seems to work with 1600 (I can tighten the timings at 1600 and lower the voltage and have successful boots).
      I have tried going for an older bios and still the same issue.
      Last edited by beatts; 08-28-2013, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Sounds like it needs more voltage somewhere, MC, vCore or DRAM itself

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ive tried large voltage jumps on most settings, I wouldnt even want to run the pc with voktages this high, is there a g-skill tech that may have come across this issue before or a ticket system like gigabyte? Gigabyte tech support posted a cpu z screen shot with my mobo this ram and cpu all working on the same bios at 2133mhz. My rma has nearly ran out for theboard, if its not at issue it will be sent back to me at my expense, the same with the ram if thats not at fault! They both work just not under this one condition, driving me mental!!
          Any other suggestions?
          Thanks for your help aswell

Comment

Here are my settings.
            Cpu frequency 33 (3.3ghz)
            Load line - level 5
            Cpu vcore- 1.4
            Qpi/vtt - 1.2
            System agent voltage - auto
            Cpu pll - 1.9
            Dram voltage - 1.65
            Dram vref - auto
            Dram termination - auto
            Ch A data vref - auto
            Ch B data vref - auto
            ChA & B address vref - auto

Ram settings
            Xmp profile- disabled ( will not work with both xmp profiles)
            System memory multiplier - 18.66
            Memory frequency 1600 (current) 1867 (to be changed to)
            Performance enhance - standard
            Channel interleaving - auto
            Rank interleaving - auto
            Timings -
            13-13-13-32 ..... TRC auto (39), TRRD auto (5), TWTR auto (6), TWR auto (12), TWTP auto (24), TWL auto (8),
            tRFC auto (208), tRTP auto (6), tFAW auto (24)
            Command rate -2
            IO latency - auto (2)
            Round trip latency - auto (39)

I have tried swapping sticks/ channels around aswell
            Anyhelp?

Comment

qpi/vtt
              Cpu pll were set to auto as well.
              Dynamic core (DVID) is greyed out.
              Also tried all memory settings to auto.
              Also tried manual 2133mhz memory frequency
              Loaded system default bios also with just xmp setting on
              Tried with just one stick, used both
              Last edited by beatts; 08-29-2013, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I have spoke to gigabyte tech support, they say that the uefi bios is very different in coding to the award (and newer) so that may be why it works on beta uefi and not latest award.
                The identical ram they have may be older than mine, as mine says compatible with z87 on the box (so must be quite new) maybe Gskill changed something to make it incompatible?
                I gave gigabyte the link to this thread and they say all my timings voltages are fine and within spec to run this ram.

Anyway im sending the Gskill ram back to amazon (its was that or the board.. the board will cost me ££ more to replace for a different one as I got a free cooler).
                I should have my new corsair ram i a few days then ill repost back to show if it is Gskill or gigabyte being incompatible.
                The ram i'm getting CMZ8GX3M2X2133C9R Corsair vengence 2133mhz cl9 hopefully should be comparable to the Gskill and boot past 1600mhz.

I could have got the older ripjaws F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM (listed on Gigabytes QVL) on Amazon but the 1.65v worries me with the sandy bridge processor.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X