G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10

Hi, the 23-07-12 the ocaholic make a review of G.Skill TridentX 2x8GB DDR3-2400MHz CL10 , but even by increasing the voltage he dont reach CL 9 at 2400MHz, the chip is Samsung. Now, is the same chip? and if is change, so now you know if the probability to reach CL 9 with increasing voltage around 1.75v is good?

Thank You
    Last edited by spar; 08-24-2013, 10:44 AM.

Not sure what CPU/mobo you have but could try a combo of DRAM voltage and raising the MC voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

TK, now have DFI P45, Q9650, GSkill DDR2 F2- 8800CL5-2GBPI... It is for this fall, i want to change to MSI Z87 GD65, K4770 and DDR3 2*8GB 2400MHz....CL9.
      Last edited by spar; 08-25-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I'd try a Asus mobo, I went with the Hero, think they have a better handle on the Z87

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

TK, I chose MSI Z87 GD65 because this is have like my DFI one Coaxial Digital Audio port, have good DAC and good coaxial cable for my audio systeme...

Comment

Getting CL9 at DDR3-2400 out of 4gbit Samsung ICs might be very difficult to impossible, even if your are willing to raise voltages above 1.75V. Also a Vdimm this high is probably too much for daily use with all newer intel platforms. This is no longer LGA775 with micron D9 after all, where using 1.9+V was considered safe. I would instead focus on tightening the main and subtimings for CL10 @ DDR3-2400 or go for the F3-2400C9Q-16GTXD quad kit. Thanks to T-topology, using four dimms at those speeds is no problem at all.

Kind of brave to go for msi with memory overclocking i mind, but i wish you the best of luck

I would however get a ASUS Maximus VI Hero / Gene or Gigabyte Z87X-OC and a RCA-Out bracket, if absolutely needed. Can you really not connect your DAC via optical S/PDIF?
            Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

TK, yes is possible to connect via optical, but my coaxial cable is expensive and i dont want change...

Comment

Working...
              X