F3-2666C12Q-32GTXD + P8Z68-V LX + i7-2700K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2666C12Q-32GTXD + P8Z68-V LX + i7-2700K

Computer doesn't start when using XMP profile with memory speed at DDR3-2133 and 4 memory modules installed. Tested one memory module at the time and it works fine. Also tried 4 memory modules using XMP profile with memory speed at DDR3-1866 (the next lower sped setting) and it works fine.

I had this computer running fine using XMP profile with memory speed at DDR3-2133 with 4 F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM memory modules.

Any ideas as to what I can do to make this memory modules work?

Clarification to my prior post.

Bios Configuration:
    Ai Overclock Tuner : X.M.P.
    Memory Frequency: DDR3-2133MHz
    DRAM Voltage : 1.65V (set when XMP is selected)

Problem:
    Computer won’t POST (Power On Self Test). The only way to get into the bios is to reset the memory using MemOK button.

What I tried:
    1. Set Memory Frequency to DDR3-1866MHz. Computer works fine
    2. Set Memory Frequency to DDR3-2133MHz but use 1 DIMM module at the time. Computer works fine
    3. Set Memory Frequency to DDR3-2133MHz but use 2 DIMM modules at the time. Computer works fine
    4. Tried setting timing by hand using configurations that worked but could not make work.

Any ideas as to what else I could try before I return the memory back for replacement.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by lazeta1961; 08-13-2013, 01:57 PM. Reason: needed to clarify my post

Comment

The XMP for this GTXD kit is much different since it is optimized for Haswell CPUs.

Manually input settings and it should work better. What is your VCCSA/IO Voltage set to?

What are the timings used? Post some pictures of BIOS/EFI and we can take a look to see if anything is incorrect.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
        I don’t know where to look for VCCSA/IO Voltage. The P8Z68-V LX only shows
        DRAM Voltage = 1.650V
        VCCIO Voltage = 1.050V
        PCH Voltage = 1.050V
        I looked at my other computer with a P8Z77-V LX and it shows the same as above plus
        VCCSA Voltage
        So I think that in the P8Z68-V LX the VCCSA voltage can’t be set.

I have another computer with 4 DIMM of G.Skill DDR3-2400 (PC3 19200) F3-2400C10Q-32GTX. After 2 tries it worked with XMP profile DDR3-2133MHz. I used the timing (9.0-11-11-29-2T) that the bios reported then entered this values in the computer that has the DDR3-2666 DIMMs and it works fine. So thank you for the suggestion, manually setting the timing works. I will say that is pure luck that I got these values to work. I couldn’t had come-up with them on my own. Is there a method or is just pure trial and error?

I bought this memory (F3-2666C12Q-32GTXD) for the new computer which have an i7-4770K and Asus Z87-PLUS motherboard. From your optimization statement I think I matched the memory to the processor well. Next week I should know how well the new computer do.

As for posting pictures of BIOS/EFI, this will not be possible because I don’t know how to take a screen shot of the BIOS/EFI and there is no internet connection were the computers are located.

Should I worry about the VCCSA/IO Voltage? Can I push this memory at a higher speed?

Thank you.

Comment

On the BIOS, try putting a flash drive in a USB port, boot into BIOS to a screen your want a shot of and hit the F12 key - should get a message that an image has been saved to your flash drive (think your mobo supports this).....The 2666 sticks should be fine on your Asus under XMP, I'mm running the CL11 set of 2666 on my Hero w/ the 4770K

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Generally you can try one number down for each 266MHz

DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31
            DDR3-2133 9-11-11-28
            DDR3-1866 8-10-10-24
            DDR3-1600 7-9-9-21

Just a general rule of thumb, but it also depends on how much Voltage you use. Also, some kits are better than others, so then it is up to you to trial and error test to see what your kit is capable of while maintaining full stability.

VCCIO Voltage needs to be manually higher for DDR3-2133+

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X