Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Memory Speed in BIOS

I'm putting my building together:

Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard (not ROG)
    Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge CPU
    G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10D-16GTX memory (DDR3-2400 PC3-19200 8MB x 2)

When I power up the build, the Asus BIOS reports:

EZ Mode > Total Memory: 16384 MB (DDR3 1333 MHz)
    Adv Mode > Main > Memory Frequency: 1333 MHz
    Adv Mode > AI Tweaker > Target DRAM Speed: 1333 MHz
    Adv Mode > AI Overclock Tuner: Auto
    Adv Mode > Memory Frequency: Auto

I'm not into gaming or overclocking, but I would like the memory to be set to its rated speed of DDR3-2400.

I am also a good bit confused on what XMP is all about.

Is there a quick tutorial as to what I need to do in order to accomplish that? Or if someone could provide a quick explanation, I would be grateful. I saw one post that had a ROG Bios, but this is the regular bios from the P8Z77-V Deluxe.

Thank you.

Does the AI Overclock Tuner setting in advanced mode offer you the XMP option? (Profile 1)

That should set the appropriate memory divider, timings and voltages all in one click.

It then should look similar to this:

Last edited by emissary42; 07-22-2013, 06:16 AM.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you. That seems to have done the trick. It now reports memory as 2400 mHz. I'm not sure what else might have changed, but I'll keep an eye on things. I do think the CPU/MB temps have gone up a few degrees, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the memory change.

Comment

What you could and maybe even should check is system voltages, esp. VCCSA und VCCIO. They usually don't need to be raised that much or at all over stock for DDR3-2400, but some mainboards tend to set them way higher than what is needed if left on AUTO.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

If any doubts, both VCCSA and VCCIO should prob be 1.15 or less

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

I went into the BIOS (Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe) and recorded these settings:

CPU: 1.048v
            3.3v 3.376v
            5v 5.120v
            12v 12.288v

VCCSA (set on auto) .975v
            VCCIO (set on auto) 1.062v

These last numbers appear to be within the parameters Emissary42 and Tradesman specified above.

I also noted the CPU temp was 89 degrees F. for the CPU and the same for the motherboard. The CPU fan speed is 2163 (I'm using a Corsair H80) on the Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge CPU. A few days ago, after I had set the XMP profile, the temps were floating at 98 degrees F.

Any observations from all this will be appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Temps are good, that's about 32C, no problems...looks like a strong CPU (MC)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X