No announcement yet.

[ RipjawsZ ] F3-17000CL9Q-8GBZH (2Gx4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ RipjawsZ ] F3-17000CL9Q-8GBZH (2Gx4)

Hi,
    First post here so a short introduction:
    Rig used for flight simulation (FSX).
    Will upgrade memory, case, video adapter, PSU and cooling shortly.
    Looking at [ RipjawsZ ] F3-17000CL9Q-8GBZH (2Gx4)
    The Sabertooth X79 is however not on the qualified mb list.
    Is there a reason for that or did you just not test the memory on that board?
    Let's start with that...
    Kind regards,

Hans
    W7/64, i7 3930K @ 4,4 GHz, Sabertooth X79, Asus GTX580 DirectCUII, Corsair Obsidian 900D+H110, Seasonic P-1000, G.Skill RipjawsZ F3-17000CL9Q-8GBZH (2Gx4)

The motherboard was not available at time of release, but it is compatible.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for getting back so fast. That memory is really one of a kind these days at 4x2GB 2133 CL9.
      Most kits are 16GB and more but I only need 8GB so they seem like the best option at this time. Too bad there aren't much reviews around but I guess they perform equal to the seemingly more common 16GB kit with the same specifications.
      In general though, is less amount of memory per stick easier to achieve stability at stock memory speed (in this case 2133) combined with high CPU clock?
      Kind regards,

Hans
      Last edited by Xiter; 06-14-2013, 12:36 PM.
      W7/64, i7 3930K @ 4,4 GHz, Sabertooth X79, Asus GTX580 DirectCUII, Corsair Obsidian 900D+H110, Seasonic P-1000, G.Skill RipjawsZ F3-17000CL9Q-8GBZH (2Gx4)

Comment

Really depends on the user, prob over all in general, I'd say yes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, once I get this memory I will select the XMP profile , but it would be nice to know in advance what the values should be so I can verify that they are correctly set. Is there a more in depth list of values available for this kit? Timings other than the already published primary timings, VCCSA and CPU VTT voltages and so on would be great. Kind regards,

Hans

Comment

XMP should handle that, if any problem give a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes sir, will do. Do I need to say this support is out of this world? Not something that I am used to these days.
              All the best to you. Been reading a bit on these forums and I now know you are not a Gskill staff so all my available kudos tonight go to you, sir. See you around!

Comment

Helps me keep up on hardware out there, also been spending time at Tomsharware site lately -which is very interesting

Tman

Comment

I will soon swap the corsair memory for the newly bought Gskill quad kit. Since this is my first memory swap I do not know the exact procedure regarding the BIOS settings prior to the actual stick swap. Currently XMP is set for the corsair sticks. Do I revert back to the AUTO settings before removing the installed sticks? Also, regarding the Memok! button I have not understood when to use it. Been reading the manual for this motherboard but it doesn't say exactly in what situation it needs to be used.
                  Kind regards,
                  Hans

Comment

Leave XMP enabled and that should take care of all settings.

Double check that it does detect and configure each setting correctly in BIOS.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay, thanks. Hopefully I don't need to mess with the memok!-button since I have never used it and therefor don't know if it will wipe out all my non-memory related BIOS settings as well.
                      Hans

Comment

Well there are two xmp profiles so which one do I select?

Comment

Try XMP Profile 2.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Okay. I however took a quick look at both profiles to see what they changed but didn't actually find anything in BIOS that seperated them. What are the differences between profile 1 and profile 2 and in which cases should they be used respectively?
                            Kind regards,
                            Hans

Comment

Took a closer look today and I can see now that the secondary timings are a little tighter in profile 2 and I think that is why you suggested that I would use that profile?

However, the secondary timings do not change in BIOS when selecting any of the profiles to the ones specified when looking at the SPD on your sticks for xmp- and jedec profiles. They are left at AUTO.

I guess I need to manually change them? The primary timings do change to the values of the profiles and dram voltage 1.65V and VCCSA voltage which is set to 1.05V using (manual mode set by XMP, not me)

I think I can identify all but one of the timings in BIOS and set them to the ones in the SPD (XMP Profile 2) I do not find the corresponding timing of your tRC value (38 specified).

Attaching two images, one of the SPD info and one where I am typing the values manually in BIOS for the secondary timings. Are those values correct? (AUTO-values to the left).
                              Only one stick was installed at the time where the picture was taken.
                              Hope you can help,

Kind regards,
                              Hans
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X