Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H + F3-12800CL8Q-16GBZH issue

Hello,
    I'm having major instability issues (frequent crashes/freezes) while attempting to run F3-12800CL8Q-16GBZH (4x4GB) on my new Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H with Haswell proc. CPU is at stock speeds, and the advertised memory frequency/timings (8-8-8-24-2T) are detected when I enable the XMP profile #1 in the BIOS. When I use only a single stick (4GB) then everything (Prime95, Sisandra) runs great for hours.

Any suggestions or should I return this to Newegg or G.Skill?

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Matt

Their BIOS prob isn't ready for high performance sticks, try as is with DRAM voltage at 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Test each module individually to see if they can all pass fine.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        Their BIOS prob isn't ready for high performance sticks, try as is with DRAM voltage at 1.55
        Well, it has ran for 4 hours without a hitch so it looks like that probably was the issue!! I noticed that the actual voltage provided is a bit lower that whatever I set it to, so it was probably never getting the full 1.5v.

Thanks so much Tradesman for your quick and expert advice for a memory noob!!

One question though: Is there any issues with keeping the memory @ 1.55v in the long run? Does it hurt the life of the RAM? Do I need to worry about extra heat?

Thanks!
        Matt

Comment

It is no problem at all. Heat will not be a problem, they will run very cool.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X