Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL + ASRock 890FX Deluxe5 + AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Hello,

I've had this computer build since mid 2011 and it's worked pretty well as currently configured. Recently, I've been experiencing intermittent waves of BSOD's for which I can't seem to isolate a cause. The last "wave" of these happened about a month ago, at which time I encountered memory errors while running memtest86+ v4.20. I also purchased the HCI Memtest 64 bit software which never showed any errors. The errors disappeared after first indication while trying to isolate which stick was causing the problems. The errors disappeared and so did the BSODs until yesterday.

Today, I am again having intermittent BSOD's and decided to rerun the HCI Memtest 64 bit software. Errors began showing up partway through the initial "quick tests"...

How do I isolate a particular memory stick or pair of sticks when errors are not showing up all the time? I also want to be sure there isn't some other problem at fault here. Does the occurrence of ANY memtest86 or HCI Memtest errors indicate that a memory stick is definitely at fault? I want to be reasonably certain before I request RMA.

Thanks!
    ASRock 890FX Deluxe 5
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHz
    G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL (x2=16GB)
    XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970
    Raidmax RX-850AE 850W PSU
    OCZ Solid III SSD 128GB (boot)
    WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM (data)
    CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced

Can try testing each stick individually at stock settings to try and narrow it down. If rather intermittent, as it sounds, might try raising the DRAM voltage and/or the CPU/NB voltage a tad maybe + 0.04 to 0.05..to see if that helps. Another possible would be to reseat the CPU and sticks (and blow out the mobo/interior of case, etc....depending on environment

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X