Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.skill 14900 not boot

Hi everyone,

How can i underclock DDR3-1866 to 1660 ? Timings voltage... it will be around cl8? and 1.5v??

I have a maximus extreme x38 motherboard, and i had a 10666cl7-4gbXH underclocked to 1160 from 1333mhz due to my overclock. (it cant be stable if i raise up more).

Now i just buy one pair or 14900cl9d-4gbXM (1866) to underclock to 1660, but system not boot.

What CPU? What is your OC? Your FSB will have to be equal to or greater than freq you want to run the sticks at, you'll also prob need to raise the NB voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

HI

i have a Q9550 oc to 3.6 with FSB 415

Comment

On a 775 mobo, I'd start with the base timings manually at 9-10-9-28, 2T and 1.55, as mentioned will prob have to raise the NB voltage from whatever AUTO set, maybe starting at + 0.12. Then when you get it stable could try tightening the base timings or maybe just drop the CR to 1T at 1660

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I just do it, but the same....

and i raise nb from 1.35 to 1.41 and nothing.

i didnt try set nbv to auto, but i think that this make my system unstable...

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings as is and I'll try to provide good settings

Tman

Comment

I show you my BIOS conf.

CPU Ratio: 8.5
              FSB FREQ: 415
              FSB STRAP TO NB: 400

DRAM FREQ: i can select until 1660 (with this bus freq.) and i dont know what config should work.

CPU Voltage: 1.225
              PLL Voltage: 1.50
              NB Voltage: 1.35
              DRAM Voltage: 1.50

LoadLine Calibration: enabled
              CPU GTL Ref: 0.63x
              NB GTL Ref: 0.67x

This config is my o.c with the other rams. What should change??? Thanks in advance

Comment

Really need the DRAM timings (both base and secondary/advanced) but from what you show, I'd take DRAM to 1.55 (as mentioned before) and take CPU voltage up to 1.265

Tman

Comment

Timings i tried, base timings: 9-10-9-28 with 1.55v and 1.6.

Timings setted now are 9-9-9-28 runnning at 533*2. (default)

i dont know if its works, but ¿Qhy i need to increase CPU voltage?

i will try this afternoon. Thanks!

Comment

Socket 775 mobos have the MC (Memory Controller) embedded in the chipset of the mobo and when OCing over and above base freqs of DRAM (much like with AMD CPUs) one often has to up the DRAM voltage to run at spec freq.

Tman

Comment

I know it, but i'll try Oc my system again from zero and i'll post how it goes....

Thanks again!

Comment

Let us know how it foes

Tman

Comment

Hi!

Same.... i dont know what steps i need to do...

only can boot with default config...

I need to know what settings i must do for 1333, 1600 config.

With my current bus i can reach 1660 mem freq.

Comment

Post pictures of BIOS, some other values like advanced timings may be limiting factors since that is an older motherboard and you are using newer RAM. The motherboard may not be automatically configuring some values correctly.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                            X