• Show
Clear All

• AMD FX-8120 + GSkill Sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2

Proci:AMD FX-8120 3.1ghz
    Mobo:GA-78lmt-s2
    RAM: 8Gb Gskill Sniper 2x 4gb F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2
    GPU: Sapphire HD 6950
    HDD: 1 TB Hard Disk

Well, I'm always getting BSOD i don't know if its compatibility issue with my RAM and Mobo or Ram with Proci. When I'm using the computer browsing watching movie etc.. I don't get any bsod. but when I play, BSOD will pop up i think 15mins of playing..

Recently I saw that my Ram isn't compatible with my Mobo co'z my mobo isn't on the list.
    Anyway, I already run HD Tune Pro, Memtest86+, all got no errors found..
    All my drivers and os are up to date. I don't have CCC installed on my system. (known issue causing of BSOD)

Anyway I will post the link to my dump file if anyone could help, please do so.

http://www.freeuploadsite.com/uploads/13691932261.rar

Thank you in advance.

Take DRAM voltage to 1.3 and raise CPU/NB up + 0.10 and don't worry about the mobo QVL, those are fairly worthless, see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry but I'm noob about the DRAM Voltage and CPU/NB you are talking about, can you teach me? If it's okay.

Comment

Go into the BIOS, find DRAM voltage and change as indicated above, same with CPU/NB voltage, check and see what it currently is and then add the + 0.10 -- i.e. if it is 1.14 or whatever, change it to 1.24 (and for the futture can you just stick to this post, rather than running two separate posts.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay. I will give you an update about this. Will try this in a bit.

Comment

I'll be around for awhile yet this evening

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Take DRAM voltage to 1.3 and raise CPU/NB up + 0.10

Go into the BIOS, find DRAM voltage and change as indicated above, same with CPU/NB voltage, check and see what it currently is and then add the + 0.10 -- i.e. if it is 1.14 or whatever, change it to 1.24

Before I decided to save my settings on BIOS, I have few questions to make it sure..

I didn't see DRAM Voltage on my bios..

But I saw here maybe you can tell me which and where?

See Pictures Below..

When I enter DRAM CONFIGURATION I saw this..

Command Timing - 2T
              Cas Latency - 9T
              Ras to Cas - 9T
              Row Precharge - 9T
              Minimum Ras Active Time - 28T
              TwTr Command Delay - 8T
              TrFc0 for DIMM1 - 160ns
              TrFc0 for DIMM2 - 160ns
              Write Recovery Time - 12T
              Precharge Time - 6T
              Row Cycle Time - 37T
              Ras to Ras Delay - 5T

And this is what I saw on voltages..

DDR3 Voltage - 1.500v
              CPU Voltage Control - 1.2000v
              CPU NB Vid Control - 1.2125v

I didn't change anything on the voltages co'z im afraid when I scroll down the volts to add +10 on the said cpu/nb its already red name. Lol. HAHA. I told you this is my first time with voltages etc... Help me please.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by iamspaaark; 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Bring up my post

Comment

Bring my post up.

Comment

Help please, need fast reply here so I can test my settings.

Comment

Change DDR3 voltage to 1.3 if it's at 1.5 and leave the rest as is, and give it a try

Tman

Comment

1.5 is the lowest tho. Anyway, I'll stay to default. I don't get BSOD now.

Problem Solved. All I have to do is, Go to Bios and Restore to Fail-Safe Default Settings. LOL.

Comment

Might give them a holler and see if they plan to add support for low voltage DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X