RipJawsZ 2400 settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipJawsZ 2400 settings?

I just installed the RipJaws Z memory kit (F3-2400C10D-8GZH) in my GA-Z77X-UD5H/3770K system. I selected Profile1 and all is well. I ran Memtest for several hours without any issues. AIDA64 says the memory is much faster than the 1600-C8 it replaced. However, I'm not sure I feel any real world difference! I have a couple of questions:
    1) What is the purpose of Profile2?

2) I am running with the stock Profile1 settings 10-12-12-31-2. Any suggestions on what tighter settings I can try would be appreciated.

3) Will this system handle 16GB of this memory (2 kits) without having to increase the memory controller voltage?

Thanks in advance.

Profile 2 has slightly more aggressive advanced timings (better for running with a decent CPU OC. Any time you mix sets it can be problematic...among other things, XMP doesn't work as the programming is done by the packaged set, i.e. two sticks may take a tRFC timing of 208 while a 4 stick set may take 314 or so, so you would prob need to set at least some of the advanced timings manually....also since they weren't tested to all work together as a package, often times mixed sets may require slightly higher DRAM voltage in addition to higher higher MC and System Agent voltages...

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X