Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P9X79 Pro with G.Skill Ripjaws Z 64 GB 2400 MHz Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P9X79 Pro with G.Skill Ripjaws Z 64 GB 2400 MHz Kit?

Hello Enthusiasts out there,

so far I know the new Ripjaws Z 64 GB kit with 2400 MHz has been tested only on the Rampage IV. But what about the P9x series? Will it work without issues on the P9X79 Pro? The formal specs of the board say yes since the board supports 8 DiMM up to 2400 MHz. Furthermore I'm running my 3930k with 4.5 GHz with 16 gigs @ 2133 MHz without any problems. So the overclocking abilities of the board are great. Have I overseen a detail that stands in the way to use the 64 gig kit from G.Skill? I appreciate all your comments.

Ralf

To be honest, I don't remember anyone getting the set to work on that mobo, think there was one that got it to run at 2133, but not 2400...also while the mobo is advertised as up to 2400 and to run 8 sticks, that can be very deceptive and is one of my big gripes about mobo advertising and QVLs, see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The memory kit should work just fine with that computer.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok. I try it. The kit is ordered I will post my results with screenshots and settings as soon as possible...

Comment

We'll be looking for it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Meanwhile I changed my board to an Rampage IV Extreme. So I couldn´t try it on P9X79 Pro
            I´ve opened up a new thread with my experience with the GSKILL 64GB (2400 MHz) kit on RIVE.

Ralf

Comment

Can you offer a link to that thread?

Comment

Working...
              X