Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL + ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 + i5-2500K

Greetings -

My hardware is listed below. I built this system a year ago and it has worked well with no issues related to memory. Today I would like to add additional memory to this machine.

My challenge is that there is a clearance problem between the memory heat spreaders and the cooler on one set of memory slots. In the other pair of slots the clearance is good. When I first built the machine I noticed the issue, but solved it by using the slots where clearance was not an issue. Now I would like two add memory and hence I need to use the slot under the cooler.

Is there a set of 8GB memory modules that are shorter and compatible that I could use?

F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL
    ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3
    i5-2500K
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
    No overclock - stock speeds

For lower profile sticks there's the Snipers and the Ares, but there should be no need for that. Turn the system off, unplug it, and you'll find the Fan on your 212 EVO is simply held in place by 4 clips, simply reinstall the fan slightly higher than it was - have done this with numerous systems

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X