My windows detect 8GB RAM but let me use 3.95GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My windows detect 8GB RAM but let me use 3.95GB

Hi,first my english is very bad,i speak spanish,sorry about that.

I have a problem,i bought 2 GSkill sticks 4GBx2 (1333 mhz) (F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL)
    I installed the sticks,in Dual Channel,of course.I started my PC for first time,i installed motherboard drivers and video card drivers... When im going to see all was OK,i saw a strange thing.
    (I have Windows 7 64 BITS)

It says: "8GB Memory installed (3.95GB usable)"
    I looked around all the web,no one solution worked for me.
    I tried to go to "msconfig - boot - and uncheck the box of memory ", didnt work.
    I tried to change the sticks to differents DIMM slots,keep happening the same.
    I tried to push the MemOK button in my motherboard
    I tried to go to "Remap memory hole" (Or something like that)

Here is an image about all my information of my RAM:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My specs are these:
    AMD FX 8120
    Motherboard Asus M5A99X EVO
    RAM GSkill RipjawsX F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My video card is 1GB,but its consuming 2776MB of RAM,i dont know how to fix that with the Catalyst Control Center or with the BIOS,or in other place

Dont say me "Explore the setting of the BIOS" or "Explore the setting of the Catalyst Control Center" because i have NO IDEA to do in that places. You need to say me step by step.
    My motherboard is DDR3 and accept 2133 mhz (O.C) and a max of 1833 mhz (Non O.C)

Please,i hope you can help me,im worried

Thanks

Can you download, install and run CPU-Z...can find it here:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Post a screen shot of the Memory tab from CPU-Z also take and put cursor on MY COMPUTER - right click and then click on properties and post a screen shot of that.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Can you download, install and run CPU-Z...can find it here:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Post a screen shot of the Memory tab from CPU-Z also take and put cursor on MY COMPUTER - right click and then click on properties and post a screen shot of that.
      Hi,thanks for help,here are.

Computer Properties screenshot:

CPU-Z,Memory tab screenshot:

Comment

You've probably already tried some or all of this (saving the worst for last) make sure you have the latest BIOS, if no then update and try, if yes, try clearing CMOS (can remove the battery for about 15 seconds or check your manual and use the mobo jumper and try. Also can try increasing the DRAM voltage + 0.05 from current and the CPU/NB voltage + 0.08 (this is to see if PSU or mobo is getting enough voltage to the sticks. If no joy there try the sticks in slots 1-3 from CPU, still no go, try them in 2-4, still nothing, try in 1-2. If none of the above works, and what I think it may be, is pull the CPU and check the bottom and in the socket for any excess thermal compound or debris..also take a close look for any bent or broken pins, if any pins are bent I've had good luck straightening them with a pair of razor blades, one to either side and gently squeeze them together. Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You've probably already tried some or all of this (saving the worst for last) make sure you have the latest BIOS, if no then update and try, if yes, try clearing CMOS (can remove the battery for about 15 seconds or check your manual and use the mobo jumper and try. Also can try increasing the DRAM voltage + 0.05 from current and the CPU/NB voltage + 0.08 (this is to see if PSU or mobo is getting enough voltage to the sticks. If no joy there try the sticks in slots 1-3 from CPU, still no go, try them in 2-4, still nothing, try in 1-2. If none of the above works, and what I think it may be, is pull the CPU and check the bottom and in the socket for any excess thermal compound or debris..also take a close look for any bent or broken pins, if any pins are bent I've had good luck straightening them with a pair of razor blades, one to either side and gently squeeze them together. Let us know how it goes
          For increase the voltage i need to go to the BIOS?
          Or where?

Comment

Yes, into the BIOS

Tman

Comment

Yes, into the BIOS
              When im going to put more voltage i have a problem
              Imagine the voltage of DRAM is 1.257,i want to put 0.05 more.I type 1.262 but appears 1.25000 or something like that

D:

Comment

It will go to the nearest preset in the BIOS, try it at 1.55 or 1.56

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X