Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC unstable with 32Gb but ok with 24GB

Hi,

I recently purchased 2 packs of F3-2133C9D-16GXH giving me 4 x 8GB memory. I can use 1, 2 or 3 sticks and my PC is stable with XMP 2133 enabled, but if I use 4 sticks with XMP enabled then my PC does not boot or crashes once in Windows.

I have tried different combinations of the memory sticks and stress tested them individually and they all work.

Also my PC is stable with 4 sticks if I don't use XMP and leave memory at 1333.

So any ideas why I cannot get 4 sticks 32GB with XMP enabled?

Thanks

My PC is a MSI P67-GD65 running WIndows 8 Pro 64bit.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thegilps; 02-23-2013, 12:45 AM. Reason: Added mem details

FIrst though would be go 4 sticks under XMP, then manully raise the VCCSA to 1.2 and the CPUVTT voltage to 1.18-1.2 and see how that goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. I will try out these voltages and report back.

Can you also help clarifty whether I am using memtest64+ correctly?

When it loads at boot time (via) CD it shows the correct SPD info but tests using settings of 825Mhz (DDR3-1648) but I want it to test DDR3-2133?

Also when I chose configuration - Bios-Std it shows testing of DDR3-0.

Should I test on the speed it chooses or do I need to select Bios-Std?

I have added some pictures of memtest86 to illusstrate.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        FIrst though would be go 4 sticks under XMP, then manully raise the VCCSA to 1.2 and the CPUVTT voltage to 1.18-1.2 and see how that goes
        Hi, tried these voltages and memtest fails within 5 minutes.

Any other ideas? Still can run stable with 24gb, i.e. 3 of the sticks

Comment

Try adding + 0.05 to the DRAM voltage, sorry I missed this earlier, we've been inundated with Spammers signing up since the end of last week (over 150 a day and I've been screening each of them and trying to help members in what remains of my free time

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try adding + 0.05 to the DRAM voltage
            Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried that and still no luck.

I have manaded to get 32gb stable using 1866Mhz timings 8, 10, 10, 29, default voltage.

So maybe I need to alter the XMP memory timings to get this to work at 2133Mhz. Any suggestons as to which ones to try first?

Comment

Guessing tRFC is off can you post up your timings (base and advanced/secondary) as well as system voltages. If GSkill doesn't get a look today, I'll check late this afternoon (will be in the field most of the day)

Tman

Comment

Guessing tRFC is off can you post up your timings (base and advanced/secondary) as well as system voltages. If GSkill doesn't get a look today, I'll check late this afternoon (will be in the field most of the day)
                Hi, have uploaded images for timings and voltages. All my motherboard voltages are auto except CPU core.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by thegilps; 02-28-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Those are off, try 9-11-11-31- tRFC 278 and take CPUIO up to 1.14 and see how that does

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Not sure I am being clear

If I set speed manually to 1866 with 8, 10, 10, 29 timings & default voltages the PC works ok

If I use XMP 2133 with 9-11-11-31, trRFC 278 then I get memtest errrors

I have tried other voltages at 2133 and it does not help, so should I relax timings of XMP for 2133? If so what do you suggest I try first?

Thanks

Comment

Let's take the DRAM voltage to 1.65, have a feeling you have a couple of sets that just don't want to play together at full spec, which isn' unusual. Any time you mix sets, even of the same exact model it can be problematic, especially with freqs above 1600

Tman

Comment

Hi, I have tried the different voltages you have suggested but still no luck at 2133. As said before I can get stable memory at 1866.

I think you are right when you say "you have a couple of sets that just don't want to play together at full spec". So what are my options now? I brought the first 16GB ram set a couple of months back and then decided to upgrade with anoterh 16GB but are unable to use at advertised speeds?

Comment

That you'd have to talk to GSkill, might PM GSkill Tech

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X