Trident X Compatibility Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident X Compatibility Check

Please tell me if F3-2400C10D-16GTX (PC3 19200 8Gx2) is compatible with Asus Sabertooth Z77 and Intel i5-3570K, LGA 1155. Asus folks say probably but have not tested. Suggested G.Skill be asked if they have tested the mobo + RAM combo. I am considering this combination for a build. Just want to make sure I won't waste $ on memory that won't perform well.

Jack
    Last edited by m215328; 02-19-2013, 06:07 PM.

Answer is a definitive - MAYBE. Not trying to be a smart aleck or anything, but the 3570K can be choosy. Most of them I've worked with can fairly easily handle 16GB of 2400, afew haven't been able to and then there are some that can handle 32GB of 2400. I'm running 32/2400 on my Z77 an ASRock EX4, but have teste other 3570Ks on my exact rig and found the results mentioned. Then we throw in your mobo, which Asus only advertises it to 1866 (which I've always found odd, think it's the only Z77 I've seen below 2133), but I've seen these mobos running 2133 up to 32GB....I myself would prob give it a shot, at worse you could drop to 2133 and tighten to CL9 and have near same performance (slightly less bandwidth)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tman,

Thank you. That is what was running thru my brain. The mobo 1866 value is what bothered me. Think I will give it a shot.

Thanks again,

Jack

Comment

Give us shout and let us know how it goes, if any problems we'll be here (don't forget to check for BIOS updates)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X