New 16gb sniper f3-1866c10d bottlenecked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 16gb sniper f3-1866c10d bottlenecked

Not long ago I just replaced some bad ram with these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231611. For some odd reason my motherboard (Asrock 990FX extreme 3) detects everything and runs the profiles that are detected but comes up to a problem when running. The problem I am having is that I cannot get the ram to run at the pc3 level of 14.9 gigs a second. Right now I am capping out at 3gigs transfer rate. Also due to complication I cannot get my motherboards bios up to ver1.5 due to an odd flash mismatch. Can anyone help me find what the bottleneck is?

Thank you.

What CPU are you running? Can you post up the results of a winsat mem run, MaxxMem2 preview or something similar. WOuld toss a guess may be a problem with the mobo if it won't flash the new BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry about not putting up the specs.
      I found the problem from just running programs and NovaBench.
      MB: AsRock 990 FX extreme
      CPU: AMD 970
      Ram: 1866 snipers
      I cannot get a pic but the last test I did showed 3228MB/s.

Your are probably right about the motherboard but idk because I have seen some forums report the same problem but they flashed there manually to fix it but im working on collage atm and i do not want to risk it.

Thanks

Comment

Don't blame you, when you get the time and get it in let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X