Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P9X79 PRO compatible with F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD

Hi all,

according to GSkill this 64GB RAM module is compatible with my ASUS P9X79 PRO, but this model doesnt appear in the latest qualified venfor list from ASUS.
    Before purchasing this memory could you please confirm me that this module is fully compatible? I woek with many virtual machines at once and need maximum reliability

thx in advance
    Last edited by daniel01; 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM. Reason: grammar mistakes

The mobos listed on GSkill's website have been tested with the DRAM specified ..... and the big thing here, tested at the specified DRAM freq...so if listed, yes it will run with your mobo. Most of the mobo QVLs (to me anyway are sort of worthless for DRAM that runs (spec) 1866 or higher as the mobo makers 'test' DRAM at the mobo default of 1333 or 1600 - i.e. they don't enable XMP and test at full DRAM spec - see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

You also need to keep in mind you'll need a strong CPU to carry 64GB at 2133, i.e. I wouldn't recommend trying it w/ a i7-3820

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

wow thats what I call a fast response, thx
      My micro is a 3930k, will it be enough?

Comment

Might well, I myself haven't had a chance to try this combo, could PM GSkill Tech and see if they tested this with the 3930K or if they used a 3960K or 70K. Will prob take a decent OC and additional MC and VCCSA voltage, but would guess yes. There's a couple info threads you might find interesting in the

General Discussions - Overclocking - Intel Socket LGA 2011 area, might take a look.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thx trade i would be really grateful if you could provide me that info. Ive noticed there is also a faster 64GB combo, too, would I have more chances to get a reliable system, or this one would be the best one (from a stability point of view). I want to buy them asap, just need some clarification regarding this point. THx in advance for your help

Comment

Your right, they have a 64GB 2400 set, but for your CPU I think I'd stick to to the 2133 set.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X