• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ RipjawsX ] F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL 1,5 or 1.6 V

Hello,
    I have Asus P8z77-v Deluxe and I7 3770,
    I am going to buy http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=397
    Intel declares that maximux ram voltage should be 1.575,
    In your site you give two voltages, which one of them is the correct working on the XMP profile? 1.5 or 1.6.

Specifically the XMP profile is fitted with 1.5 volt or 1.6?
    Cause 1.6 is not allowed for 3rd Gen I7, according to Intel

Thanks
    Last edited by moredread; 02-12-2013, 06:02 AM.

2133 is aimed at OCed CPUs so 1.6 is fine, Intel list specs for DRAM based on the base CPU clock (generally 1333 or 1600....the locked 3770 may require the higher voltage (and a little added to the MC (memory controller) voltage) since it is limited to turbo boost to actually carry 2133 sticks, where the unlocked 3770K can OC higher to help carry the faster sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I bought 3770 because i am not goint to overclock at all the CPU,
      I just want fast Rams with fixed XMP profile,
      My question is the XMP profile for the 2133 is in which voltage 1,5 or 1.6? Or we just buy and we cross our fingers, considering that Intel declares a maximux voltage of 1.575 Volt

Comment

If running to spec and no OCing, would suggest sticking to Intel spec. The CPU is rated to 1333/1600 up to 32GB. Most all sticks in those freq are simply 1.5. You start to run into the higher voltages when you get into performance DRAM, generally 1866 and above

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          If running to spec and no OCing, would suggest sticking to Intel spec. The CPU is rated to 1333/1600 up to 32GB. Most all sticks in those freq are simply 1.5. You start to run into the higher voltages when you get into performance DRAM, generally 1866 and above
          I want to stick to Intel Specs, while G.skill says that supports the I7 3rd Gen.
          The price between a 1600 and 2133 is very close, that's why i am thinking of buying this dimms.

Still my question is if these Dimms XMP profile it comes loaded with 1.5 or 1.6 V.
          If it comes with 1.6 then why 1.5 is even mentioned?

thanks
          Last edited by moredread; 02-12-2013, 07:47 AM.

Comment

It does support the Gen 3 CPUs, but at spec/stock the CPUs run 1333/1600 DRAM...you need an OC to run higher, that is why the mobo makers show an 'OC' on DRAM specs their mobo supports, many believe it's just that the DRAM is overclocked, while it actually means a CPU OC is required to run the DRAM at it's rated freq, see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Too many times people look at mobo specs and see a mobo will run say 2200-2400 and then are upset when they can't get those sticks to run, when it's often they don't have a CPU that can carry it.....most Gen 2 K model CPUs can carry 2133, many 3570Ks can carry up to 2400, but in general it takes a 3770K to run any higher as an example, but the mobos will often advertise up to 2800 and up - it leaves the customers in a lurch

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              It does support the Gen 3 CPUs, but at spec/stock the CPUs run 1333/1600 DRAM...you need an OC to run higher, that is why the mobo makers show an 'OC' on DRAM specs their mobo supports, many believe it's just that the DRAM is overclocked, while it actually means a CPU OC is required to run the DRAM at it's rated freq, see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Too many times people look at mobo specs and see a mobo will run say 2200-2400 and then are upset when they can't get those sticks to run, when it's often they don't have a CPU that can carry it.....most Gen 2 K model CPUs can carry 2133, many 3570Ks can carry up to 2400, but in general it takes a 3770K to run any higher as an example, but the mobos will often advertise up to 2800 and up - it leaves the customers in a lurch

I see your point, but while the voltage is on default 1.5V there is no O.C through the CPU, it deals only with the memory since there is no overvoltage. Furthermore u suppose there is essential difference between 3770 and 3770K? apart from Intel SIPP Intel vPro Technology Intel VT-d Intel TXT , which all are useless!

Still my question is In the XMP profile of these modules teh voltage for 2133 is 1.5 or 1.6?
              If it comes with 1.6 then why 1.5 is even mentioned?

thanks

Comment

The F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL kit runs at voltages from 1.5v-1.6v. See the link below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231468

This means it will run at UP TO 2133 MHz. on many systems with the RAM voltage set between 1.5v-1.6v. It does not mean that it will run on all systems at 2133 MHz., just that the RAM is capable of this frequency if your CPU/mobo/BIOS are also capable of running the RAM at 2133 MHz. without errors. If not you can always run the RAM at the default 1333/1600 MHz. or something between 1333 MHz. and 2133 MHz. -- all with a RAM voltage that doesn't exceed 1.575v
                Last edited by Techmeister; 02-13-2013, 09:34 AM.

Comment

moredread

Didn't mean to ignore your question and to be honest can only take an educated guess at the voltage range they show, on their web site they list 1.5-1.6 as tested voltage, so I would surmise that these worked on some of the mobos they show as tested but required up to 1.6 to run. The X line of Ripjaws originally came out aimed at Gen 2/1155 combos and from when I was building P67s and Z68s they often required higher voltage for higher freq sets that in part was a fallacy of the early chipsets used on those mobos (also a guess here, they may be testing with some AMD mobo/CPU combos which typically reuire higher voltage than the Intel systems)

As far as the 3770 vs 3770K - the only real diff I'm interested in is locked/turbo-boost vs unlocked - I generally always build with the K models as about 90% of my clients are looking for highest performance they can get - (gamers are obvious they just want fastest they can get, the more FPS the better ), business clients also want the power and many want the unlocked to try and future proof things to a degree, many might skimp on a few other components to get the unlocked model and plan for future upgrades that will speed up the systems in the future (i.e. going to SSDs, more and faster DRAM, etc)

Tman

Comment

Ok once again,

Dear G.skill... the F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL model's XMP profile sets 1.5 V or 1.6 V.

Thanks again

Comment

Dropped GSkill a note to take a look

Tman

Comment

Should be 1.60V, you can check in CPU-Z SPD tab.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                          Should be 1.60V, you can check in CPU-Z SPD tab.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH
                          Dear Gskill

Thanks for the reply, so the nomimal voltage is 1.6 V. Why are you referring 1.5 V on your website? you are supposing that it "may" "some parts" "some dimms" work in 1.5 V, this is extremely missleading and against mercantilism. I am very dissapointed from your commercial attitude, by trying to sell a "potential" product. My last buy was Gskil Pi series and i was very satisfied and now you lost my trust.

thanks
                          G.P

Comment

Working...
                          X