G.Skill F3-1866c8d - 16 GTX help with Gigabyte GA-Z68XP - UD3P Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-1866c8d - 16 GTX help with Gigabyte GA-Z68XP - UD3P Board

My Set UP is: I7 2600K CPU, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP - UD3P Board (Bios F7), GeForce GTX 680 Video Card, ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cpu cooler, G.Skill F3-1866c8d - 16 GTX memory.

I am currently running @ 4.2 GHZ with no sweat but would like to push it to 4.5 GHZ but I would like some advice on the best settings to accomplish this feat, such as voltage, CL settings, CPU settings and such.

I previously was running G.Skill F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH memory @ 4.4 GHZ in this system(I had help with that setup as well) I put that Memory in another build for the wife, and I would like to take this system up a notch to 4.5ghz with this new top of the line memory. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by regulator2003; 02-01-2013, 06:00 PM.

4.5 should primarily be simply raising your multiplier to 4.5, will prob need to raise your CPU (vCore) voltage (might start about 1.3) and leave DRAM pretty much as is or possibly raise the MC (memory controller) voltage a smidge, maybe + 0.04, think on your mobo it's the VCCIO or the CPUVTT voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      4.5 should primarily be simply raising your multiplier to 4.5, will prob need to raise your CPU (vCore) voltage (might start about 1.3) and leave DRAM pretty much as is or possibly raise the MC (memory controller) voltage a smidge, maybe + 0.04, think on your mobo it's the VCCIO or the CPUVTT voltage
      Thanks, Just tried your sugesstions starting out at 4.3mhz and windows 7 and XP both come up and run fine but when I run Prime 95 it locks up, It has to be something else that I have wrong in my settings, I can't remember my old settings that was running well @ 4.3 & 4.4, I am going to get some screen shots of the bios settings and post them, hopefully the problem can be spotted. Should have went with a ASUS or ASrock board (Not as much of a headach).
      Thanks Gskill you guys are great!

Comment

May have to raise vCore, will be looking for the screen shots

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X