F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM Not working with Asus P8Z77-V Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM Not working with Asus P8Z77-V Pro

As the title says, I just bought the F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM Gskill memory and have inserted it into my newly purchased Asus P8Z77-V Pro Mobo. I also have the I5-3570k 3.4 ivy bridge CPU.

With this memory inserted I cannot get to Bios. All I get is the red blinking light on the Mobo next to the memory.

Things I have tried:
    • Inserting each Gskill memory stick individually into each Mobo memory slot
    • Held the Mobo memory button and initiated the Mobo memory compatibility mode
    • Made sure memory was firmly seated in each test
    • Updated bios to the newest version, and then repeated all the above steps

No matter what I did I could not get to Bios.

So I bought a single cheap stick of memory for ~15 dollars, and the computer boots.

So I bought 8GB of 9 case latency Corsair and the system boots.

Then I tried the Gskill memory again, and red blinking light on the Mobo.

I'm currently using the 9 case latency Corsair, but would like to use my 7 case latency Gskill.

The Gskill memory page says it is compatible with this Mobo.

Am I doing something wrong? Or am I not understanding something correctly?

Might be you got a set of bad sticks, though it might also be the BIOS isn't ready for high performance CL7/1600 sticks or there's a problem w/ either the mobo or CPU. Any chance of testing the sticks in another system? Typically a Z77 mobo (any manufacturer) should pick these up and set them to the mobo default, have seen problems like this w/ Asus in the past

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Feel free to send the memory to us for RMA exchange and we will send you a new kit that should work flawlessly.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks,

I will take you up on the offer to RMA.

Unfortunately I don't have another computer available that is capable of running DDR3, so I won't be able to test this memory in a separate computer.

This is why I came here to find out if I was doing something obviously wrong, or if I had made a mistake and this memory wasn't compatible with my Mobo and CPU.

Thanks again, and I'll head over to the RMA section of this website.

Comment

Let us know how it goes with the replacements

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Will give an update as soon as I can.

Hope my update says I'm running some 7 case latency DDR3!

Comment

We'll be looking for it....and then maybe to 1866 at CAS 8

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X