Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram Configurator

Hi Folks,

I'm going to build a new pc after many years, so finally i selected the Motherboard..a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, problem is i'm trying to find a suitable dual ram stick pair for this mobo but cant find the model listed under Ram configurator(Motherboard>Gigabyte>?)
    http://www.gskill.com/configurator.php

I'm not into overclocking but believe any component good enough for that will last longer than standard stuff

So here's what i am looking for, a 8GBx2 ram stick PC3 1700 or better with the tighest timings at hopefully 1.5v AND has this mobo under the certified mobo's list....

Oops

Posted the thread under DDR sub section instead of DDR3 by mistake

Comment

No problem, I'll move it to DDR3 once I know you've seen this response. You don't mention CPU and face a bit of a give/take area with high freq/tight timings yet low voltage......at 2133 and up tight timings normally call for a little more voltage, so for 2x8GB I'd suggest 2133/CL9 like the Tridents F3-2133C9D-16GTX or Ripjaws X F3-2133C9D-16GXH, both of these sets run well with the Z77 chipset (I've run both in their 32GB sets on my Z77 with a 3570K)...or with a 3570K or 3770K could look at the Tridents 2400/CL10 F3-2400C10D-16GTX.....All OC well also

As far as the configurator, they prob haven't been able to test your mobo much and as far as the mobo makers QVL, might take a look here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566
      Last edited by Tradesman; 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx

Hi
        I'm looking to get the Core i5 3570k. Like i had mentioned, i'm not keen to do any overclock, need a fairly speedy system at stock settings

Well, kinda lost again on the site itself, i cant filter by product type to see all Tridents for ex., so i tried to copy paste the product names you gave to the search on the site....well, both Trident F3-2133C9D-16GTX & Ripjaws X F3-2133C9D-16GXH gave me 0 results

Comment

Newegg helps

Ok, so i went searching for the Trident and Ripjaws on Newegg, was able to get a compare done between the two....and i cant see any differences, heck even the prices are the same, although the Ripjaws are rated much higher than the Tridents...which would you recommend and why?

http://tinyurl.com/9wcrw4v

Comment

They are pretty close, the advanced timings are a little tighter in the Tridents and more geared towards the 3rd Gen CPUs like the 35/3770Ks...I was originally running 32GB of the RJ X model 2133/CL9 @ 2400 and upgraded to the Trident 2400/10 32GB set which is a little better at 2400, though while I've got a strong 3570K, it's not quite strong enough to pull the whole 32GB at 2666, can pull 16GB at 2666, but need the whole 32GB, so it sits at 2400, which is actually plenty fast enough (I just like to push things )

PS moving this to DDR3 after your next response

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx

Ok Tman

Thanks for the inputs, so i have narrowed down my choice to your recommendation...the Tridents...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-2133C9D-16GTX

On Newegg it seems to have average ratings and none with my board, lets see how this would go
              Last edited by Sujit; 01-26-2013, 01:44 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I think you'll be happy w/ them...3 of the lower rating are all the same person and they are trying to run 2133 w/ an AMD 6100 (not the best idea as the CPU is only rated for up to 1866 (OCed) and many of them even have trouble running that w/ 4GB sticks which is why they are having to run the sticks w/ 1.8 voltage (again not a real good idea), but like most of the reviews at the Egg, many rate themselves as having a top of the line Tech Level and are actually about a 2 or 3 level instead of the 5 they portray themselves as.....With all DRAM manufacturers a lot of low ratings come from folks saying higher end sticks will only run at 1333 or 1600 and don't have a clue they have to enable XMP (Intel) or DOCP, EOOCP (AMD), or that they should have the latest BIOS, etc...they just expect to insert the sticks and like magic everything be fine

Tman

Comment

My Build

Hi

I have added my build --
                  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/A3Cz

The site for some reason says that these sticks are not compatible with the CPU/Mobo...any reason for this or after enabling the XMP profile there wouldnt be any need to worry?

I changed my CPU from i5 to i7, as this was in my budget..the rest of the stuff i am going to use from my existing PC, so its going to only these parts which are getting updated.

Thanks again

Comment

The site you went to may be looking at GB's QVL list, which is limited and like most QVLs sort of worthless when it comes to higher freq sticks (see my info thread on QVLs, link below

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

You should be fine with the sticks

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X