Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P9x79 deluxe + f3-12800cl10q-32gbzl

Hello,

I have had nothing but issues with RAM and this MB + my 3930K i7. G.SKILL specifically states that this ram works with my P9X79 but windows is only detecting 16GB when I have 8GB x 4. BIOS says that the ram is "Abnormal" which means there is an issue with it... I don't know about setting manual settings but I set it on XMP which I read should work but it doesn't.

Anyone have any idea how to get this to work?

Do you have the latest BIOS? Also what are your DRAM settings (timings (both base and advanced), and voltage), as well as your system voltages....most of the X79 mobos don't have a BIOS ready for 8GB sticks so may have to set up manually

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I do have the latest BIOS. I believe XMP set the timings to 10-10-10-30. By rearranging the RAM i did get it to detect 24GB now... I could not get it to pick up the other 8GB though. Maybe a bad DIMM slot?

Comment

Could be, could test to each slot alternating sticks.....1 stick, then 2, then 3 etc....then when errors/problems come up try a different stick in that slot and see if problems remains

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X