• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Config Questions

Hello! I just had a F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL stick go bad on me and want to
    replace it.

I have an Intel DP67BG motherboard with 4 RAM slots. Right now I have 2
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL sticks left on it after taking out the bad RAM set.
    I want to replace the bad RAM set with a 16gb set.

My first question is if there is any difference between the RIPJAW X Series RAM
    that is red vs blue?

I also found this:
    http://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaw...ls+ripjaw+16gb

But it is CL10D. Does it matter if I install CL10 when I already have CL9 on my motherboard?

If so can I buy this?
    http://www.amazon.com/G-SKILL-Ripjaw...jaw+16gb+12800

Thanks ahead of time for the info!

Right now it appears you are 2x4GB you can try mixing the sticks with a CL10 set but there's no guarantee they will play nice, best bet would be a single 16GB set...any time you mix sets it can be problematic, XMP won't work as the sticks are programmed by the packaged set, so they would have to be set up manually and as said there's the chance they won't play together nice (even if same exact model). To try, I'd suggest a trying with the new sticks in slots 1-3 and the older sticks in slots 2-4, with the DRAM voltage raised by + 0.05 and a little extra to the MC (memory controller) voltage.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply! So if I want to upgrade to 32gb, the best way would be to replace all my RAM?
      Last edited by Einkun; 01-09-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Yes that would be the best approach, with two or more sets, XMP won't work so would reuire manual setup of Base timings, advanced timings, DRAM voltage, MC voltage CPU OC, cpu voltage, etc ... and even then you may have sets that don't want to play together

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X