Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 seconds till biospost, compatibility issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 seconds till biospost, compatibility issues?

Hi

I have problems booting with 4x2gb gskill NQ series 1600 cl9 and ga-970a-ud3 motherboard.

My system needs 14 seconds till it does beep and the biospostmassage appears.
    I guess the board has trouble initialising the ram or something like that.

I know NQ series is made for intel cpu?s but id like to use it in my amd system now.
    Just want to ask if there is an option or something to prevent the long time till biospost?
    Maybe it?s possible to dissable xmp?

If there is nothing i can do i just gonna have to live with it.
    The ram is working properly on the amd system besides that.

I apologize if my english is bad.

Thanks.

Prob not a real prob, try raising the DRAM voltage + 0.05 and the CPU/NB voltage + 0.08

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, i tried that. Nothing changed,exact time as before.

Thanks for the reply though.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? if so could also try increasing the vCore

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Seems like my last post is missing since the forum was down.

So, yes i updated BIOS to the latest version, bumped vCore 0.050V but it didn't change.

The Cpu im running is a FX8150.

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings, and I'll take a look this Pm when I get back, (will be in the field most of the day)

Tman

Comment

Hey,

i think i got it.

It may sound dumb but it had something to do with my harddrives.

Since i put them in ahci mode it does only take 6 seconds instead of 14 till beep and 25 seconds for the whole boot.Thinks thats acceptable now.

Thanks for the help, i think you did a real good job in the end the problem wasn't caused by gskill at all so i'm sorry.

Comment

No problem, glad you found it, there were a variety of things I had in mind to look at....and as an independent (I'm not GSkill) I try and help folks with whatever problems they might run into, not just DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X