Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ @ 800 mhz

hi everybody,

i need some information about the right memory timings and voltage (fsb termination and north bridge) to configure my system for running at 1600 mhz fsb / 800 mhz ram.

my system:
    intel e8500 @ 3,16 ghz
    msi x48c platinum
    g.skill f3-12800cl9-2gbnq (2x2gb)

these are my options in the bios:
    there is no auto option available for these timings..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/timingsq.jpg

thanks in advance

t0bi
    Last edited by t0bi; 01-05-2013, 02:05 AM.

If at 3.16 right now then you are running a 1333 FSB, will need to move it up to a 1600 FSB, then will want DRAM voltage as spec, prob want to raise the NB voltage about + 0.06 and whatever increase is need in the vCore (CPU voltage to attain the OC to the 1600 FSB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

first of all, thanks very much for the quick response.

that means i need a dram voltage of 1,5v and i gotta try to increase the nb voltage and vcore a bit?

i?ve already tried a few different voltages and also reducing the multiplier of the cpu to 8x400 to make sure the cpu isn?t the problem, but nothing works. as soon as windows is booting the system crashes. i get blue screen or the system is rebooting.

are the memory timings on my screenshot ok for 1600 mhz?

Comment

Yes...timings look OK, do you have the latest BIOS? If FSB is 1600 or better are sticks in slots 2-5, the blue and pink closest to the CPU? If there already try them in 3-6 (blue and pink farthest from the CPU...if still no joy would run Memtest on each stick individually in slot 2 (maybe 4-5 passes. If system won't boot with a stick but does with the other, may have abad stick or if errors on either stick, may be a bad stick....if errors with each stick or it won't boot at all with either stick would guess a mobo or CPU problem

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hi tradesman,

i had the sticks in dimm-bank 2 + 5, now tried in 3 + 6 and it works just fine

i was also running a memtest while in bank 2 and it produced some errors. bank 3 and 6 are ok so finally i got the system running at 1600 mhz and cpu on 3,4 ghz without any problems. if i go higher on the multiplier for 3,6 ghz then prime95 immediately shows a rounding error. maybe i can make it run with some fine tuning.

these are my settings for 3,4 ghz
          voltages: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...106160623.jpg/
          dram timing: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...106160641.jpg/

thanks a lot for your help!!!
          Last edited by t0bi; 01-06-2013, 07:21 AM.

Comment

No problem, if you have or can borrow similar sticks might keep your in and try in the other slots to make sure it's not a bad mobo that prevented running in 2-5

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X