Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No boot, no BIOS splash, two audible short beeps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No boot, no BIOS splash, two audible short beeps.

Hi all,

Sorry to have to join the community on a down note, but I thought I should see if anyone out there has any hints.

Mainboard: H55M-P33
    Memory : F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL
    CPU : i3 LGA 1156

I was having operating system corruption issues and re-installed my operating system. I upgraded to Windows 8 and was in the process of completing fresh installs of all my games when, during a reboot, windows reported a memory address failure.

On subsequent re-boots, there was no video present and no audible tones. I removed all peripherals and tested operation and there was no change. I removed the video card and there was no change. I then removed the RAM and the system still did not boot but there were three long beeps from the BIOS. I re-installed the RAM and then I got two short beeps. I researched the beep codes and with the AMI BIOS that is on the mainboard this indicates a memory parity error. If I try the RAM in another slot, I get the two beep error. Note that the hard drive does boot the OS if I install it in my OLD P4 system.

My main issue is that I only have the one RAM stick and have no real way to test whether or not there is really an issue with the RAM. I submitted an RMA but thought I should cover all my bases.

Not that the P4 system is worthless, but I would like to play Black Ops II and it doesnt run so well on the P4...

You might check with friends/co-workers and see if anyone has a system you can try the stick in or if you can borrow a stick from them to try on your rig....it could be a mobo gone bad, or CPU, PSU.....a lot of things.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, only one person I know here has a system with compatible parts...and he doesn't like to share. Maybe I can find a cheap one on craigslist. Thanx. Oh, and I have no friends.

Comment

We're here

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I am wondering - would the system operate any faster with 4 x 1GB installed instead of one 4GB stick? I do not forsee installing any operating system that would use the max memory of the board @ 16GB. Thoughts/recommendations?

Comment

Between those two options, the 4x1 would be 'faster' as it's running in dual channel, with a single 4 GB stick you are operating in single channel mode (at 64 bits) with 4 1GB sticks you are in dual channel with the DRAM running at 128 bit, if looking at options for 4GB I'd go 2x2GB, you still will be in dual channel (128 bit), but with 2 sticks instead of 4 you have less stress on the MC (Memory Controller) which might provide a slight lift over a 4x1 GB config, so I'd suggest 2x2 GB.

Tman

Comment

By the way, the board is a MSI...didnt mention before. Thinking of just buying new memory...maybe a new CPU just because...

Comment

Let us know what you decide, we'll be around

Tman

Comment

Well, the 1156 CPU's arent available on newegg any more so thats not happening. What do you think of this memory? MSI tested with the board I have and recommended. It says on the MSI site that they were tested OC'ed...that means the CPU setting or the memory setting? Confused...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231193

MSI link:

http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_2005.pdf

board:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/H55M-P...l#/?div=Detail

Comment

The OC normally means that it requires an OC of the CPU to run at full spec freq (and that they test at mobo default (1333 or 1600)

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X