Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory for Intel DQ77KB

Hi, my first post.
    I'm looking for help choosing the right memory kit.
    MB: Intel DQ77KB
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770S

MB compatibility info from Intel: http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../CS-033497.htm
    Anyone know what they mean by "16 GB maximum total system memory (with 4 Gb memory technology)" ?

Trying to determine if either (or both) of these kits will work:
    F3-1600C10D-16GSQ
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBSQ

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The first set would be the full 16GB , the second is an 8GB set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi tradesman,

Thanks for the reply.
      I'm aware of the size difference.
      I need to determine if either set will work with the MB/CPU I have chosen and I need help figuring this out.

The first set I listed is a 16GB (2x 8GB sticks) rated CL10, and second set is 8GB (2x 4GB) rated CL9.
      I would like to get the 16GB set if it will work with the MB/CPU I've chosen.

It appears to me that everything would work with either set, but I am by no means and expert - I would like to confirm before committing to the purchase

I check the G.Skill site and CMTLABS and was not able to find any info regarding this MB.
      CMTL doesnt list and g.skill products, or at least I dont see any, but intel's site has an * next to the g.Skill product which seems to indicate it was tested by CMTL

Comment

According to the specs one would assume so, however, I personally don't use Intel mobos for builds, so other than troubleshooting for others or upgrading I seldom ever get my hands on any. GSkill will probably be in Wed (not sure of their New Year schedule) can drop them a note to take a look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, I will try to check back wednesday then.

Any reason you dont use intel MB's; I havent purchased yet, so still open to suggestions.

Comment

Primarily I build higher end for business and gaming, Intel mobos don't really lean themselves towards higher end DRAM, OCing, etc...they lean more towards conservative, stock performance. For the most part, I'm partial to ASRock, GB and Asus. Occasionally a client might want a different brand/make.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X