Sabertooth 990FX stability issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabertooth 990FX stability issues

I'm having problems with my modules being stable, as best as I can tell.

I got everything from Newegg: ASUS Sabertooth FX990, FX-8120 Zambezi, Team XTreem 2x4GB, G.Skill RipJaws 8GB.

Three months later, I'm running into BSODs in Win7 64-bit like there's no tomorrow, with everything rather from resource errors to memory management issues.

Running Memtestx86, it comes up with errors in the ~7700-7900 range, and I'm not sure if this is due to voltage not being setup correctly in the bios, or if the module(s) have failed. I have definitely concluded that it's not a channel issue, since I removed the Team Xtreem modules, and I'm still getting the same range as being bad. However, if I only have 1 module from G.Skill in, I don't get any errors, so as bad as I can tell, either they're not communicating with each other well, or there's some setting in the BIOS that I need to change.

I've already tried the settings mentioned for AMD MBs, with changing the default freqs and voltages, with no success.
    Current (attempted) build:
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600)
    Team Xtreem 2x4GB
    AMD FX-8120 Zambezi
    CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W

Do you have the latest BIOS? Are the timings correct in the BIOS? With AMD might want to try adding + 0.05 to the DRAM and/or CPU/NB voltage, may have an 8120 w/ a weaker MC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Latest BIOS version updated as of two days ago (v1604 per ASUS' website).

Bumped up 0.0657? volts on the DRAM voltage, didn't want to play with it too much. I did call in to G.Skill, however, and was told to RMA the modules for replacement.

Thankfully, I have never in the past had any issues with memory in previous computers, so I'm not sure if the range on the modules coming up with errors is a sign of bad modules, or bad settings in the BIOS.
      Current (attempted) build:
      ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
      F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600)
      Team Xtreem 2x4GB
      AMD FX-8120 Zambezi
      CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W

Comment

Well let us know what happens when you get the replacement sticks in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X