Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock X79 Extreme6 + F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH ramdom freezing

OK.. where to start..

I am having random lock ups of my system on normal use of my PC. During games (Far Cry 3) I play for hours at a time and PC runs great normal usage and installing drivers and programs and web surfing i'm getting random freezing.. I notice freezing is more consistent when enable XMP profile making ram run at 2133Mhz

My system specs

Asrock X79 Extreme6 with Bios 2.20
    Intel LGA2011 i7-3820 stock speed water cooled
    16Gb of ripjaw Z F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH
    2x GTX 560 Ti's
    Sound Blaster X-Fi platinum
    BFGR100WEXPSU - 1000watt
    All drivers are up to date and windows 8 up to date..

please I need help..
    Last edited by SoundWorks3D; 12-28-2012, 04:37 PM.

With a stock 3820 may want to raise VTT or VCCSA voltage just a bit, maybe + 0.04 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

sorry for asking this but this is my first UEFI motherboard... How do I do this and should a make it XMP enabled again ???

and do you recommend the Turbo 4.2 overclock this UEFI bring?
      Last edited by SoundWorks3D; 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

First, make sure you have the latest BIOS, then go in, enable XMP, select the 2133 profile, then check in the voltages area and raise the VCCSA voltage to about 1.15, look for VTT or CPUVTT and set it to about 1.12

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok... my board is on the latest bios 2.20, and i wanted to make sure i looked at the voltages and it appears as 1.150v is the the same as 1.15v? or do i look for 1.015v

and here are some pictures of my actual setting right now..

Comment

Yes, 1.15 there, if that doesn't do it, can you post the settings for the Advanced timings, it will be under the DRAM CONFIGURATION selection (will be timings like tFAW, tRFC, etc

Tman

Comment

here is a 11 minute test and full load.. no freezing!

Did what you told me and changed the voltages, but I noticed that they were higher than what you told me to set them too.

here is a picture of the test

Comment

It frooze again.. :\

here is the ram settings

Comment

Looks pretty good, the actual voltage settings are pretty much pre-sets and vary from mobo to mobo if I say 1.15 one mobo mat have a preset of 1.146 and the next up might be 1.158 or something like that, just want to get as close as possible...Now if your happy with the stability, you can try notching it down a step at a time while maintaining stability

Tman

Comment

OK.. so this is what I did and I've been running on 4.2Ghz and 4.8Ghz in Turbo with the ram @ 2133Mhz on XMP profile 1, Since 12pm last night.. The changes that I made was remove the sound card from my PC and I think that was the problem of my PC freezing, Because it has been downloading Battlefield 3 since last night been listening to music and using skype all morning with 0 errors or lock ups...

This was the problem child right here..

Comment

Well that was short lived installing far cry 3.. PC froze again!! :\

Comment

This time it locked up again but windows 8 showed me the error was MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Comment

With that error, could be about anything....best bet might be to take it down to bare basics and bench it - might look at my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

It really comes down to the process of elimination

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X