Having problems with getting full 8 gb. Only shows 4gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having problems with getting full 8 gb. Only shows 4gb

Hi. I need help. I just upgraded my system. I installed 2 ram at 4gb each and when I check my stats in my device manager it only shows that I have 4gb. I thought it was due to a bad ram but I installed 1 at a time and shows 2gb each when it should be 4gb each.

My computer has:

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5
    AMD vishera 3.5 six core processor
    500 watt 80 certified 80 psu
    2 G.Skill trident x ram at 4gb each model (fs-12800cl8d-4gbtb). CL 8-8-8-21 1.65volt DDR3 1600 pc3-12800
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Nvidia 1 gb graphics card

Do I need to change the setting in my bios? I seen info on 990fxa-ud3 but not the 990fxa-ud5. Thanks for the help.

That the set w/ the Black heat sinks? timings should be 8-8-8-24? If that's the model # (F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD) then you have a set of 2x2GB or 4GB total in the model @ where it shows yjr '8D-4' the D stands for DUAL or that it is a 2 stick set and the 4 indicates the total DRAM of the set......this throws a lot of folks that see it and think it's 4GB per stick, I wrote an info thread on the model # breakdown, can find it here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10564

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Damn. That is misleading. Oh well guess I have to buy some that are actually 4gb each

Comment

Not really misleading, packaging, etc is pretty straight forward, but if in the slightest hurry a lot of people don't really look, they see something and jump on it....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X