DP55WB Mobo RAM Sockets faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP55WB Mobo RAM Sockets faulty?

Okay hey guys, I've been looking EVERYWHERE for help with this, now I will be honest and say I am not the most experienced computer user - however I am very far from computer literate.

Windows 7 64bit he
    Product Details -
    Motherboard - DP55WB
    New RAM (Unworking) - G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 4GBx2 (F3-1066CL9D-8GBXL) (DDR3-133 CL9-9-9-24 1.50v PC3 10666 4Gx2) Total 16GB
    Old RAM (Working*) - G. SKILL RIPJAWS X 4GBx2 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) (DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 4GBx2 XMP CL9-9-9-24 1.5v) Total 4GB (Only have one)

* Notes that it only works in a single socket.

Now my issue with my motherboard goes long back I believe, and I haven't found a fix, I've just kind of dealt with it. My problem is that Channel A Dimm 0, and 1 as well as Channel B Dimm 1 memory sockets all don't work, Channel B Dimm 0 is the only works. I've tried all kinds of configurations. On top of that, Channel B Dimm 1 only takes one kind of RAM, one that is nearly identical to the RAM I am installing (It's a 2x4gb G.SKILL RIPWJAWS X, the same thing as my existing only a newer version and DDR3-1333 instead of 1600) So my original nearly identical RAM works but the 2 2x4gb pairs I got do result in the awful 3 beeps of a memory error.

Again I have tried all configurations, trying to put the pairs in the right sockets, none work. I have used one stick of the new RAM in every single socket, doing this 16 times with all 4 new sticks, none will work. According to it's specs, it should. I've updated my BIOS and motherboard firmware I've done everything I could think of and come up with on the net. No fixes have been found and it's really putting a damper on my Christmas present! So please try and help out.

Sounds like a bad mobo or CPU.... would first try blowing out the DIMM Sockets with compressed air and clean the contacts on the sticks, firmly insert so that the clips latch by themselves and give it a try. If still nothing may want to pull the CPU and check for thermal compound or other debris in the socket or on the bottom of the CPU? Also check for bent/broken pins in the socket. Actually may just want to take a look at my info thread Bench it, can be found here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

Might help in things like looking for a possible short, maybe a bad cable or peripheral, etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Not seeing any visible problems with the mobo itself. One interesting note is that I am able to start the computer up with three sticks of RAM. Channel A Dimma 0 (New RAM) Channel A Dimma 1 (No RAM) Channel B Dimma 0 (OLD RAM) Channel B Dimma 1 (New RAM). However, my damned monitor won't start up when I have this configuration! It's definitely recognizing it, because when I plug it in with power on, my monitor's splash screen disappears and goes all black. This one's got me clueless. I'm thinking I probably need a new mobo but if I could make my monitor work and run on three 4gb sticks I'd be happy. Hell even two 4gb sticks I'd be happy.

Comment

Good news is I took apart my first PC. Woooh.

Comment

Try it with just the new or just the old sticks, anytime you mix sets it can be problematic. If mixing them you will prob need additional DRAM voltage and/or voltage to the MC (Memory Controller)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Try it with just the new or just the old sticks, anytime you mix sets it can be problematic. If mixing them you will prob need additional DRAM voltage and/or voltage to the MC (Memory Controller)
            When using just the new ones I get an error code 3 beeps long :/ it SHOULD be compatible. The original only works in the one slot as well :X DP55WB's are fairly cheap ($85) would my best bet just to be to buy a new mobo or is there still hope

Comment

Could ry the sticks in a friends or co-workers system - if OK there then prob are good and either mobo or CPU at fault....or pick up a mobo and try it

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Could ry the sticks in a friends or co-workers system - if OK there then prob are good and either mobo or CPU at fault....or pick up a mobo and try it
                Any ideas of how to check for bad a CPU

Comment

That's sort of the same, short of taking it to a shop, can see if you know anyone using the same socket mobo and try in that

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X