Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill 1866C9D 16gb. trouble booting windows install

Hello all,

I recently purchased an ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, an AMD FX8350, and 2x8 Gb G.Skill F31866C9D memory. Every time I go to boot up windows 7 install, the system resets once it gets to the colored loading screen with the windows 7 emblem. At first I thought I had a bad Motherboard, so I returned it to the store I bought it from and ordered the same motherboard off of Amazon. To my dismay, the new motherboard is doing the exact same thing. I went into the DIMM settings and turned off ECC mode and did a memory detect on the motherboard. The Bios said the test went well and showed the memory running at 1333mhz (a bit low) and I saved and tried to boot again. Same problem occured again.

Any clues on how I can get my system up and running or what my particular problem is?

I havn't had to deal with DDR3 before since its my first system to actually have it. I am completely stumped and can't seem to find other people having the same problems on the forums I read.

Any help will be much appriciated,

Phaethon85

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not will want that and give it a try...if you do have the latest might want to raise CPU/NB voltage about 0.06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Still not working

Hey Tradesman,

Thankyou for getting back with me so quick. I just updated the BIOS to the lastest from ASUS and have changed the CPU/NB voltage as you directed, but I am still getting the same issue. The CPU is dected properly, and everything else seems to be working out except the memory. The timings that keep coming up on auto are 9-9-9-24, but I know the sticks are supposed to be 9-10-9-28 and have set them to those timings, but that dosn't work either.

What do I do now?

Current CPU/NB offset voltage is at 1.274V
      Last edited by Phaethon85; 12-27-2012, 04:45 PM. Reason: needed more specifics

Comment

You'll need to either set them manually or preferably I think your mobo uses DOCP, if so select it and set to 1866

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I got into the windows install screen, selected new install, then the system restarted again. So I guess thats alittle progress, but not enough. My current CPU/NB Offset Voltage is at 1.328/1.331. On restart it no longer gets to the same point in the windows install screen.

Comment

Did you enable DOCP? or set the timings manually? Might also try raising DRAM voltage + 0.05

Tman

Comment

I am Currently in DOCP mode, timings are set manually. so the voltage should be set at 1.550V?

Comment

CPU reading propperly, CPU/NB Offset Voltage @1.325, DDR Voltage at 1.550, I got to the hdd selection screen in the install mode but then the system shut off again.

Comment

Try it with just a single stick in slot 1, if it goes on to installation, finish install, then install the second stick. Sometimes, depending on hardware combos Win doesn't want to load with multiple sticks

Tman

Comment

Tried each stick individually, no luck. Now I am wondering if there is a CPU issue, although the cpu light only blips for a second on the reboot while trying to install windows so I am not certain. Any other things I could try before I give up on the memory?

Comment

Could take a look at my Bench It info thread, it provides some hardware troubleshooting tips, see it here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman

Hey Tradesman,

Just wanted to let you know that the memory seems stable now, and there aren't any apparent issues as far as that is concerned. I had to take my system into a local shop to have them set it up properly because in the end I was having boot disk issues.

Thanks again for helping me set up the memory though

Happy New year!

Phaethon85

Comment

Glad to hear all is well, keep in touch!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X