Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering mistake, any advice?

I just ordered for a new build and when it arrived I noticed I ordered:
    2 sets of G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I meant to order G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Don't know what I was thinking. Can I use the 4 4GB sticks, or since they are packaged seperately am I going to have an issue with matching?

If so, I'm wondering if I should even bother switching them for the 2x8GB. I game and do graphic design with Photoshop and 3dsMax, but I didn't know if I would even see a difference between 8 and 16. I could just keep 1 set of 2x4GB, and return the other. Thanks for any advice!

Also, if it makes any difference, they only have the blue 2x8GB on Newegg. Are the blues the same as the reds?

You could yes and more than likely would if it's an AMD rig, If it's Intel chances are good they'll be fine with a fairly powerdul CPU and decent mobo. Coming from the Egg, chances are very good you'll have consecutive serial #s and they'll be out of a single production batch. Could have a better idea if I know what your pairing then sticks with.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply. One pack is 1661 and 1662, the other is 1335 and 1336. Not sure if that was too far apart. If I could find a 2 8gb pair on Newegg, I'd just swap them. But like I said, I only found those blues and I didn't know if the blue were old models.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to post the other specs:
        ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
        Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz

Comment

I think they'll prob play together, may need a bit extra to the DRAM voltage (+ 0.05) and if needed to the MC voltage (think CPUVTT on your mobo)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes...

Tman

Comment

Actually, I have another question. How can I tell if they AREN'T plaing well together? Or if I need to change anything.

The reasson I ask is on my last build I kept having alot of blue screen crashes, and did a million trouble shooting things. Even though my memory tested fine, I know it was an issue with the memory. (Not Gskill by the way). Just rather be safe than sorry.

Comment

Will get BSOD's, things like that...if so can try adjusting voltages or depending on the sticks the timings...it's sort of on an individual basis of what it's doing

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X