not even booting bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not even booting bios

Hey, I bought G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) and my computer won't even load BIOS when I install them, it just keep trying to boot in a loop.

my motherboard is 141-BL-E757 and my processor is i7 930....

When I put my old ram in it works just fine

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you try enabling XMP? With EVGA mobos may well have to set up the sticks manually, but would try w/ latest BIOS and XMP first

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

that would mean booting with my old ram, changing to XMP, shutting down my pc then put my new ram in and powering the pc?

Comment

Can try that, can also try botting up with 1 stick at a time (also a good way to test the sticks), if 5 work and 1 doesn't it's prob a bad stick, if all will boot by them selves then try with 3 sticks in slots 1-3-5, then in 2-4-6, etc....it may be you have a bad slot in the mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

1 stick doesn't work (tried them all ) and neither loading XMP with my old ram then switching...

Comment

Have you used the older sticks and made sure you have the latest BIOS

Tman

Comment

Yes, done both...

Comment

Doesn't make sense, they should be fine with the mobo, and the likely hood of an entire set being bad is about nil, unless they got swiped by a heavy magnetic field or something like that, I've almost never seen even 2 sticks of a set be bad - might be the BIOS just doesn't like something with the sticks

Tman

Comment

Well...What should I do?

Comment

I'd either exchange through the retailer, or contact GSkill about an RMA (rma@gskillusa.com), being in Canada, prob faster via retailer (no customs, etc) if within return time period

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X