1 stick of RAM OK, 2 Sticks BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 stick of RAM OK, 2 Sticks BSOD

I just bought some new ram mobo recognize the ram and it even had the right XMP made sure the timing was right voltage was right so a few minutes in and BSOD (funny thing is that sometimes could be ok for a few minutes others about half hr. or 45 min. before BSOD some times its as soon as booting up. I ran memtest86+ with both stick and its just error after error, so then I ran one stick at a time ti find out which one was the "bad stick" ran each one about 7 times in a row they pass smh.....am kind of stumped........

I will run it @ default 1600 and see what I get will post back ...with what I find

system specs
    CPU: Intel i3 2105 (dual core with ht)
    GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti
    Mobo: Asrock z68 Extreme3 gen 3
    HDD: Barracuda 1 TB
    SSD: OCZ Agility 3 SSD 64GB (for intel Smart Response Technology)
    Psu: OCZ ZT 750W
    RAM: G. skill snipers 2133 (CL9-11-10-28) @ 1.65

this is the ram in Question
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231518
    Last edited by muelo1000; 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, and may need to add some voltage to the VCCIO (MC (Memory Controller) voltage) to try and help get to 2133....or it may be the CPU just can't handle 2133, in which case may want to manually set the freq to 1866 and tighten timings down to 8-10-8-9-27.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Make sure you have the latest BIOS, and may need to add some voltage to the VCCIO (MC (Memory Controller) voltage) to try and help get to 2133....or it may be the CPU just can't handle 2133, in which case may want to manually set the freq to 1866 and tighten timings down to 8-10-8-9-27.
      No luck on the first suggestion ......I was able to run memtest86 with Ram @1866 and timing you said its not 2133 but I guess Ill have to settle for now

Thanks
      BTW

Comment

That's my thought, haven't seen many 2105s run with 2133...sorry

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X