X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation needed...

G'day

The product: [ TridentX] F3-2400C10Q-16GTX

I would like to confirm if this is compatible with ASRock-X79-Fatal1ty-Champion-Motherboard? I'm confident that it is.

However,

The reason, I ask this only to point out that the gskill configurator doesn't seem to have the ASRock-X79-Fatal1ty-Champion listed...?

Can anyone confirm this?

P.S. great forum

Cheers, Offtap

As long as your CPU can handle 2400, i.e 3960/70X and most 3930Ks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply:

I have been reading that the cpu Intel? Core™ i7-3930K has Memory Types: DDR3-1066/1333/1600 as stated: and 3960 is the same: DDR3-1066/1333/1600

http://ark.intel.com/products/63697/...up-to-3_80-GHz

why have memory @ 2400MHz? When they are not supported? or have I misread something?

Cheers,

Comment

Those are the specification DRAM speeds - none of the Intel CPUs are rated higher than 1600 at stock - it's an Intel thing. Currently the two I mentioned previously are known to be able to handle 2400, the 3930K is about 50/50 as is the 3570K (some have stronger MCs (memory controllers) than others), the 3770K on the 1155 platform can normally handle 2800 and sometimes 3000 and better. All shown that can handle 2400 require an OC to do so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, looks as though I'm leaning towards the 3930K...So, I will have to over clock em to get them to work together.. It would be nice if the all worked out of the box I'm not much for OC'ing....anyways thanks mate for your help..

Comment

If the CPU is capable and the mobo BIOS is good, it's simply boot to BIOS enable XMP select profile and go

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X