[ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM not working on Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL7D-8GBXM not working on Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

As the title says, PC doesn't start showing Q-code 55 (memory not installed).
    I tried one stick at once in every slot; I'm using latest bios, I tried memok button, and reset cmos button but nothing, screen remains black.
    PC starts correctly with other Rams...

Sounds like you may have a bad stick or set, should be fine with that mobo. I'd return or exchange them

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried them (just a fast test) on work's PC, a lovely Acer Veriton X480G: system boots regularly...

Comment

Try inserting them again on the new mobo firmly so the clips lock on by themselves, may have tight DIMM sockets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Inserted 2 stick x 4 slot=8 times, I don't think that's the problem, but I'll try again...

Comment

If you have any canned air, might also blow out the slots and clean the connectors on the sticks

Tman

Comment

Sorry, but nothing worked...
              Cleaned slots, removed battery, re-flashed bios; this RAMs are not compatible with this motherboard, at least with latest bios.
              What do I have to do?

Comment

Can return/exchange them or RMA, they should work fine, doesn't make a lot of sense

Tman

Comment

Best thing for me is to make them work... Do you have the opportunity to try the same kit on the same motherboard? How to ask for substitution with different model/refund?

Comment

I'm an independent (not GSkill) and I've worked with a few of these mobos, never really had any problems with any GSkill sticks on these except for higher freq/density sets (which was due to their BIOSs not being ready so had to set up timings etc manually)...but these are basic 1600 sticks and should be fine...they worked on the other mobo....were the other sticks you used on this mobo 1600 or faster, or were they slower? if slower then may be a problem with the MC in/on the CPU. You put them in slots 1-3 from CPU, right?

Tman

Comment

As I said, I tried first on 2 blue slots, then one by one...
                      I'm now using OCZ PC12800 CL7 @ 1.50V, all settings to auto, so SPD sets them @ 1066 Mhz 1.50V.
                      Even G-Skill were on Auto settings, so I assume that they weren't set @ 1600 Mhz.
                      I read elsewhere that someone had problems with some G-Skill stick after updating to newer bios, Always with Asus P8Z77 (not Deluxe)...
                      EDIT: I forced 1600Mhz in bios @1.50V with OCZ; I haven't tried boot, but I still can access bios without any Q-code error...

Comment

Did you try enabling XMP?

Tman

Comment

I can't access bios with G-skill, I just get black screen and Q-code 55...
                          No boot logo...

Comment

Only other thing I can think of is either defective mobo or CPU....or you may have bent pins of debris in socket....that's something that can cause some sticks to work or not work while others do

Tman

Comment

Thanks, I ordered another RAM brand, as I'll get them I'll make some test... These RAM are certified by Asus and they are on the compatibility list.

Comment

Working...
                              X