RipjawX vs Ares vs Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RipjawX vs Ares vs Sniper

I was pricing out parts for a new gaming rig(nothing to hardcore) and saw these 3 on the RAM lineup. Was curious to what the actual difference is.

Ripjaw F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL
    Ares F3-1600C10D-16GAO
    Sniper F3-1600C9D-16GSR

Only difference I see is the Sniper is CL9 where the others are CL10.
    Does one of these product lines offer something the others don't? Or is it purely cosmetic?

Different ICs (DRAM chips) and inner programming, while all will work with basically any system, the Ripjaws X line if tuned/designed towards the 1155 socket and 2nd Gen Intel CPUs, the Ares are more optimized toward 3rd Gen CPUs (Intel) and general all round use, and the Snipers, which came out around the time of the RJ X line are more general purpose also...The Snipers are among my favorites, they have worked with any combo I through at them, Intel/AMD and OC very well as well as underclock well - very strong sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the feedback on this. The system I'm looking at will house a 3rd gen Intel i7. I will most likely give the Ares line a go. I mean really who can resist that flashy orange. I just wish there were more motherboards at a affordable price that matched its color. May end up settling for the blue colors.

By any chance will it be available in lime green?

Comment

St Patrick's day maybe Don't really know, the orange sort of surprised me. The Ares would be a good choice, might want to look at the Tridents - they were designed towards 3rd Gen and Z77, I had 32GB of Ripjaws X 2133/9 running on my Z at 2400 and upgrades to the 2400 Trident 32GB and got a bit of a performance boost (plus I sort of like the looks of the tall heat fin)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Its always St Patty's day in this house!
          I did look into the Trident line a bit. Unfortunately its going to be out of my price range for this build. And I'm worry about the heat spreaders being to tall for a CPU cooler. Would like to avoid modifying equipment if possible.

I did find a motherboard that would look nice with the Ares orange thats made by ECS. Not sure I want to dish out the cash for it on this PC. ECS Golden Z77 H2.

Comment

Nice looking board, saw a review on it when it came out, can be found here:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1936/1/

Sort of like you, think that's too much for a mid-level mobo when you can get a good performing mobo for about half thae price.

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X