Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL kit a Quad Channel memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL kit a Quad Channel memory?

Hi everybody.
    I'm about to order a new custom machine on 3930K and P9X79 Pro.
    The problem is, that the shop I'm purchasing parts in does not have F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL kit so I'm forced to purchase F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL instead. Now, the question is: are F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL cubes Quad-Channel like F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL are? There isn't a single word about it in product description on G.Skill webpage (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=431).

In F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL's specification G.Skill mentions it with bright red letters: "Quad Channel Memory Designed for Intel X79 platform".
    In F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL there's only: "XMP Ready for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors. Compatible with AMD platform" and no Multi-Channel information.

Still, I browsed a web for a while and some Internet shops claim that F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL are Quad-Channeled. Some others on the other hand, do not. Go figure.

Please, help!

The Entire line of Z series Ripjaws was designed with the X79 chipset at the forefront and are optimized for running in Quad channel, they will provide slightly better performance in true quad than say a 4 stick set of Ripjaws X, Snipers, Ares, et al

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

@Tradesman, thank you very much for your lightning quick reply. I'm very grateful for the information you provided. I'll be ordering everything tonight.

I think G.Skill should really consider adding that Multi-Channel table row to F3-12800CL10Q-32GBZL specification, because it may confuse customers. It confused me...

Comment

Sometimes the advertising from everybody bothers me, because basically every 4 stick set of DRAM out there is advertised as 'QUAD' channel, and while all 4 stick sets will run in a X79 (the only true 'QUAD' channel mobos) it's deceptive, many people question if these (quad channel) sets will work on their dual channel mobos and yes they will...of course they will, generally the 'QUAD' simply refers to a four stick set and why they put 'channel' on there, I don't know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X