Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximus V Formula and F3-2400C10Q-32GTX compatibility issues

Hey guys

I've recently built a new system but I'm having some issues with the ram. The current set up is this:

CPU: i7 3770k
    MB: Maximus V Formula
    RAM: 32GB 4x8GB G.Skill TridentX (F3-2400C10Q-32GTX)
    GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 680 Direct CU II

Basically the problem is I can't get the system to recognise all 32GB of ram. It will only show 16GB as the total. The frustrating part is that each DIMM is working properly and registering the stick of ram that is in it. As a result of this windows will only recognise 16GB of ram as well, so essentially half of it disappearing.

Here is a list of things that I have tried so far:

1) update the BIOS to the latest version 1408 - didnt help the problem

2) pull out all the ram and work my way up from 1 stick installed through to 4 - still didnt change anything. when I have one stick installed it will register correctly as 8GB. When I add a second stick it still works fine and registers 16 but its only when i put the 3rd and 4th stick in that I just cant get them to show. Once again i will repeat when in BIOS it will show 4 slots taken up but just wont show the 32GB total.

3) in addition to working up from 1 stick I have tried enabling XMP which I cant only get to work properly at 1600Mhz. Anything higher and I get an OC fail error.

So after trying those things and still having no success I'm now out of ideas. I hope you guys can help solve this issue.

One other annoying thing is when I look at the system through CPU-Z these are the results I am getting

CPU-Z recognises the ram but BIOS and windows don't. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

With all 4 sticks what are the advanced/secondary timings and voltages at under XMP, should be something like tWR 16, tRFC 314, tRRD 7, tWTR 10, tRTP 10, tFAW 26 tCWL 7

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here is a screen shot of the timings you asked about. I can boot into BIOS and get a screen shot from in there as well but they should be the same.

Comment

The timings there look like those for a 16GB set, the ones I provided are for the 32GB set (as interpreted by my BIOS) I run them a little tighter

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X