Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probs on Asus P7P55D-E + 8 GB (2x F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH) + Intel i7 860

Hello,

Since 2 year i run on my Asus P7P55D-E a ?F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH? Kit (2x2GB) without probems and I planed to upgrade my System to 8 Gb, so i bought the same Memory kit again, now with 2 x F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (4 x 2 GB) i have trouble get it stable.

The boot screen shows that there a 8 GB installed. In BIOS and Windows it is the same, everthing fine so far. I can boot Windows and start some Programms like Firefox but when i try to play a game my system Freeze, Reboot or shows a Bluescreen.

Memtest86+ shows errors after 1 or 2 minutes each time i start it.

I tried different Bios settings (default) and Timings like 9-9-9-24 1.5 V or 7-7-7-21 1.5V
    Tried either the XMP Option and also Setting the timings manual.

My old Kit is placed at DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1 the new one sticks in DIMM_A2 and B2.
    Next step i plan:
    - Test each kit alone.
    - Reinstall all sticks and and test each stick individually

I can post pictures of my BIOS Settings if necessary

Some other Informations:

CPU: Intel i7 860
    Board: Asus P7P55D-E (latest BIOS 1601)
    RAM: 2 Kits (4x2GB): F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH
    Grafik: GTX 470

Is the new Kit is damaged, the DIMM_A2 & B2 broken or is there a compatibility problem?
    Do you have any other suggestion?

sorry for my bad english.

regards,
    Ph4rAo

Update:

after a few tests it works now after switching the RAM from one slot pair to the other pair
    (DIMM_A1 & B1 to A2 and B2 and the other way.)

Same BIOS Setting as before (7-7-7-21 1.5V with XMP aktive)

To be sure i removed alle RAM and checked every one with Memtest ?> No errors.

Comment

Very good, glad to hear, and yes I generally always put the new sticks in 1-3 and the older in 2-4, even with the same model, the programming of the SPD might be updated from the older set which might make things easier....have a good one and keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X