• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte P55A-UD6 (Intel P55) + F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL(8Gx2) + i7 860

greetings,
    motherboard: Gigabyte P55A-UD6 – Intel P55, socket 1156

i've upgraded my previous 4gb ddr3 ( 2x2gb ) COMBO F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO kit
    with the new and red [ RipjawsX ] F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL(8Gx2) .
    I wonder if the ripjaws-x is a good kit for my motherboard?
    because it's seems slower (cpuid reports ram speed at 667 mhz)
    i would like to know the best settings to set up my system, previously with my ecos i was rock solid at 4 ghz. now it's seems like i cannot go more than 3.4 ghz.

please, i think i need help.

Do you have the latest BIOS and have you tried enabling XMP

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

bios is the latest, according to Gigabyte website is : F12c

could you telmm me please how to force the XMP profile/settings? thanks.

Comment

MY fault on the XMP note, had two posts up at the same time and mixed your with another, 1333 sticks don't incorporate XMP, that starts at 1600 sticks. With yours, you'll want to go into BIOS and set the base timings to what the stick specs call for, ensure DRAM voltage is correct and that the CR (command rate is at 2T or 2N)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=424
          according to product page i can read "XMP Ready for 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors and Z77 platform" so what's the point?
          i have to set the kit in manual way in bios? ok, no problem i will follow your directions and stick specs but i wonder is this kit overclockable? to whick specs/speeds? thanks.

Comment

Might try 1600 at CL10 with an additional + 0.05 to the DRAM voltage to start

Tman

Comment

maybe i ll try to change my sticks with some other model that supports xmp.
              have you some suggestion for a good-p55 chipset friendly and powerful(overlockable) kit? 16gb one.
              i can find ares, sniper and ripjaws 1600, i was wondering about this:
              DDR3 16GB PC 1600 CL9 G.Skill KIT (2x8GB) 16GXM RipjawsX [F3-1600C9D-16GXM]
              is this good for my platform?

Comment

Both are good sets, I like the Snipers as I think they OC a bit better, I've run the 1600 sticks at 2000, the Ripjaws I can normally get to 1866

Tman

Comment

DDR3 16GB PC 1600 CL9 G.Skill KIT (2x8GB) 16GSR Sniper [F3-1600C9D-16GSR]
                  so according to your suggestions, i would go with this

Comment

That's what I'd try, but I'd check w/ GB and see if they have support in place for 8GB sticks, I realize they say up to 16GB, but they might not have 8GB stick support

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X