• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2400C10Q-32GTX Program auto closes

I currently have:

cpu: i3770k
    mob: Asus p8z77 deluxe
    bios: 1709 x64, build date: 11/09/2012 (latest)
    memory: F3-2400C10Q-32GTX
    hdd: samsung830

current settings:
    x.m.p, profile #1 (DDR3-2401 10-12-12-31-2N-1.65v-1.25v)
    memory frequency: 2400mhz

I have tried other settings
    x.m.p profile #2 (DDR3-2399 10-12-12-31-2N-1.65v-1.25v)
    auto (sets ram speed to 1333)

a program (game: atlantica online) i play auto closes only when i enter a certain battle and i have tested this on 3 other pcs and there is no issue, except this one that I just built; so far the results doesnt work

It may be the latest BIOS, most of the mobo companies don't have the BIOSs ready for big fast sticks, check the advanced timings may want to try wih the following
    tWR 16
    tRFC 314
    tRRD 7
    tWTR 10
    tRTP 10
    tFAW 26

also set DRAM voltage to 1.7, CPU/VTT to about 1.16 and VCCSA to 1.12

if that's stable then can try lowering first VCCSA back to original, should be about 0.925, then if still good DRAM voltage to 1.66, and lastly CPU/VTT to 1.10.

Believe that should get you stable and the dropping of voltage as described is a me thing, I don't like any more voltage than I really need in order to keep temps down.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thx for the reply, the older BIOS didn't work either. I can't find
      tWR 16
      tRFC 314
      tRRD 7
      tWTR 10
      tRTP 10
      tFAW 26

Listed in Ai tweaker, under 3rd timings are:

tWRDR(DD) CHA: 1, CHB: 1 (Max is 8)
      tRWDR(DD) CHA: 4, CHB: 4
      tRWSR CHA: 4, CHB: 4
      tRR(DD) CHA 3, CHB: 3
      tRR(DR) CHA 1, CHB: 1
      tRRSR CHA: 4, CHB: 4
      tWW(DD) CHA: 3, CHB: 3
      tWW(DR) CHA: 3, CHB: 3
      tWWSR CHA: 4, CHB: 4

2ndary timing:

RAS3 to RAS# delay
      REF Cycle time
      Refresh Interval
      Write Recovery Time
      Read to Pre time
      Four Act Win Time
      Write to Read Delay
      CKE Minium pulse width
      CAS# Write Latency
      TRL (CHA)
      RTL (CHB)
      IO-L (CHA)
      IO-L (CHB)

When you mention CPU/VTT to 1.16, that is CPU voltage and what is VTT, CPU PLL voltage?

Comment

CPU/VTT is the MC (memory controller) voltage - on some Asus mobos they have started combining the VTT with the VCCSA, try VCCSA at 1.16 (definately not the PLL, in fact that can normally be dropped a bit)....let me translate

tWR 16 Write Recovery Time
        tRFC 314 Refresh Cycle Time
        tRRD 7 Ras# to RAS# Delay
        tWTR 10 Write to Read Delay
        tRTP 10 Read to PreCharge Delay
        tFAW 26 Four Activate Window

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thx for the quick reply, as of now i have DRAM voltage to 1.7, and VCCSA to 1.1250. Did 2 battles and so far so good. Have to try it some more (sometimes it works for 1 battle and closes the next). I tried DRAM 1.16 before contacting on this post and program closes even faster. Guess VCCSA is the new Nbridge?

I did this to another pc about 2years ago changing also the DRAM volt and north bridge (this board doesn't have Nbridge)

I'll post any updates should anything comes later (in a week or so). Thx so much ))

Comment

No problem, keep us updated, will be looking for you

Tman

Comment

Just tried with 2 other chars and followed your advise, program still auto close within 5mins.

VCCSA at 1.16 and 1.125
              DRAM 1.7 and 1.6

tWR 16 Write Recovery Time
              tRFC 314 Refresh Cycle Time (original is 313 from factory default/auto)
              tRRD 7 Ras# to RAS# Delay
              tWTR 10 Write to Read Delay
              tRTP 10 Read to PreCharge Delay
              tFAW 26 Four Activate Window (original is 37)

Comment

Have a feeling it may be the game or your video driver, if this is the only place you are having a problem

Tman

Comment

Definitely not the game as I can confirm no issues in my 3 computers. But video drivers can do that? Usually it gives me a BOSD or total window crash requiring a full restart. My video card is GTX680 SuperClocked (02G-P4-2682-KR), driver version 306.97 (latest) and has given me no issues ever (never encounter GFX issues unless it is DOA). My karaoke software occasionally brings up errors after many hrs of play and it doesn't happen often either so it is hard for me to find the culprit.

I generally have 5 + 1 games open and a karaoke/music player. Guess I'll have to look at other stuff

Comment

Can try raising the vCore a hair, under load the CPU may be wanting to cut out, also may want to just add a little extra to DRAM and MC voltage and if the problems disappear, then pick one of the three voltages and lower it a little, check how things are, lower it a bit more or lower one of the other two a bit, etc

Tman

Comment

i can't find MC voltage anywhere in the bios settings

Comment

Try taking the VCCSA to 1.2

Tman

Comment

it ok finally figured it out after 3 months of lots of lost battles... it is the frequency as i suspected. Moved to 1833 or was it 1866mhz instead of 2400 and the game is stabled, tested out 5 battles, all success with no auto program closes, all settings are under auto, no vccio/sa/ram volt changes. Interesting to note the supported frequency 2400 is unstable with a support board.

Comment

Prob has to do with the BIOS, have run into this a lot with Asus mobos, they 'test' at defaults which I believe is 1600 with your mobo, which is why I have no faith in QVLs and generally their support 'techs' don't have a clue about DRAM so you have to muddle through setting advanced timings and voltages on your own or seek out help

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X