F3-2133C9D-16GXH timings for 2133 with EVGA Extreme3 Gen3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9D-16GXH timings for 2133 with EVGA Extreme3 Gen3

I am hoping someone here can help steer me in the right direction with my timings. I know my mb isn't on the official qualified motherboards list for this RAM, but the Extreme 4 is, and the RAM seems to be working fine at XMP timings.

I'm just not sure which way to move my timings with regard to the tRFC and DRAM/VTT voltages.

Here is what I have so far, which is slightly modified from the XMPs, and seems to be stable. I still need to run another overnight check with Prime95.

DRAM 1.642 volts
    VTT 1.168 volts
    tCL 9
    tRCD 11
    tRP 11
    tRAS 31
    CR 2
    tWR 16
    tRFC 183
    tRRD 6
    tWTR 8
    tRTP 8
    tFAW 25
    tCWL 7

The tRFC seems touchy. I was reading here that base for RFC should be around 175, but that the OP in that thread wound up with 179. Should I relax the RRD/WTR/RTP and tighten RFC? Or just keep RFC at 183 since anything below that is unstable? Or should I be pushing voltages further? I had tried DRAM 1.7 and VVT 1.2, but never found timings that were stable along with those voltages.

My i2500K is at 44x100 and offset +.005 volts, and was stable with my previous Ripjaw 8GB kit.

Thanks.

I think you're looking good - those are nice and tight, tRFC will vary from mobo to mobo as well as depending on the overall config...appears/sounds like you have it tight now...If Prime is good I'd ride as is...think your real options as far as increasing performance would be to loosen up tRFC ((about +7), tRRD, tWTR and tRTP (+ 1 each) and see if you can tighten the CR to 1 or the CAS to 8 (best bet would prob be the CR which may also require a tad more VTT or DRAM voltage)....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your insight, Tradesman. Unfortunately, Prime did not do so well. I had it running pretty well the night before, got a little over 8 hours error free on all workers, but had set tRRD at 7 and tRTP at 27. Do you think that could make such a difference? On two workers, I only got an hour and 43 minutes last night, while one went about 9 hours and the fourth was still going strong after nearly 20.

Now I'm going for stability, I guess, probably without much hope of bringing CR down to 1. Do you think more voltage would help? or just relax those two timings back to 8/27?

Comment

Do you mean the tFAW to to 27, tRTP typically seldome takes more then 11 or so...can give it a try. maybe VTT to 1.2 and give the VCCSA a bit of a kick 1.1 to 1.14 or so

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I absolutely did mean tFAW, sorry for the confusion.

For some reason, upping the VVT and VCCSA worsened my Prime test. I backed each of those off a little from 1.2 and 1.1X respectively, then loosened the RFC to 184 and FAW to 26. Will check with Prime again this afternoon.

Comment

Will be installing a net today, so I'll be back in the PM, will keep fingers crossed

Tman

Comment

The adjustments I made from the post above are looking good so far. 6 hours error free. I will run more Prime tonight, and maybe just leave well enough alone if things are stable.

Thanks again for your help, Tradesman.

Comment

Glad to help, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

In case this might help someone else, I just wanted to update here that I did get stable as of the last configuration mentioned. I ran Prime95 for over 24 hours error free. i know that doesn't mean 100% stability, but it's pretty good and haven't had any issues while operating.

Comment

Pretty good for being stable, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X